Corrupted Portal Despawning Bug

• Character Name: Arkuren
  • Region and Server: NA-East: Irminsul
  • Explanation of bug: The major corrupted portals (particularly we noticed this with two separate corrupted portals, level 45 in Restless Shore) will suddenly despawn, and no one will get any credit for them. It is not entirely clear what causes this, although in both occasions several players were present, and a few of us theorize it happens when someone uses gravity well ON the portal itself.

This is just conjecture, but I think it’s possible that the possible that when the vacuuming effect of gravity well interacts with the portal that is maybe coded as a static object, it causes the portal to “move” which desyncs it from the servers’ set location, causing it to despawn.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: This is 100% a bug. There is no way this is intended.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This makes it impossible to clear corrupted portals when in a group of random players since there will always be someone who has GA, and is using gravity well, and doesn’t read the chat, so they’ll mindlessly toss gravity well on the portal causing it to despawn. Of the 6 times I’ve done corrupted portals, 4 of them have all despawned because of this bug, and the two times I cleared the portals were with a small group of friends who were all coordinated in voice chat.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I’m not sure how c onsistently reproducible this bug is, but have someone toss a gravity well onto a corrupted portal (not a breach, or monolith). Have them toss gravity well onto the portal when it is in its final stage where you can channel your azoth staff ,and it should cause the bug.
2 Likes

Ye +1 , it vanishing

Seems it happens only to the big one’s portals

Not only restless shore because i got happen the same in some other region

This is a persistent issue. Please address it.

1 Like

Issue still not resolved.

• Character Name: JackSprarrow
  • Region and Server: EU: KarKar
  • Explanation of bug: The major corrupted portals despawn after killing acolytes. Nobody gets credit for them. Happening in every zone and in every corrupted portal. Being together with character Bethany Swann seems to be the clue… it always happens when we are doing major corrupted breach together

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.