Crafting item in weaponsmithing doesn't grant weaponsmithing exp!

• What is your character name in New World: Edda Eittsverd
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Perseus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I am not receiving weaponsmithing EXP for crafting Steel Round Shield. It specifically mentions I should receive 330 weaponsmithing exp, but it’s not awarded - I am stuck at 59 weaponsmithing skill. This may be an issue with the entire Steel set, but I only just now realised with the shield, after crafting 7 of em and not getting anything.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Very poorly, I’ve made a lot of these things before I noticed and now I can’t progress in that skill :frowning:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, I am still stuck.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Unfortunately I am unable to. It’s worth mentioning that the “item complete” crafting screen only shows giving me Area Reputation Buff, and no EXP.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Craft a Steel Round Shield. I’m not sure why this is affecting me, I’m just crafting like normal.
1 Like

This is still an issue.
I am crafting in Monarch, and can confirm that the Steel Kite Shield doesn’t give me any weaponsmithing experience either.

Still happening, and also happening to Iron Shields which was reported in September… Crafted 20 Iron Shields before noticing I was getting NO EXP At all…

The Iron Round Shield crafting is not giving Craft XP - Bugs and Exploits / Bugs and Exploits - New World Forums

1 Like

Same problem with steel shields, no exp given.

1 Like

I believe its everything to do with weapon smithing, because I was trying to level mine up from 2, not sure why its only 2 I could of sworn that it was much higher, but I was crafting wooden swords and I received 0 xp for those.

1 Like

I don’t think the wooden sword is a bug - if you look below the CRAFT button on any item, it’ll say how much EXP you get per item.

The steel and Iron weapons say they give EXP (but then doesn’t award it), however the wooden swords do not say they award EXP.

I tried other items but I don’t recieve any experience when trying to level weapon smithing

There’s a problem with shields not giving xp when crafting.

Got the same issue today!

Same issue

I want to say i tried every single crafting method, with starmetal and everything. 0 exp. the only way to get exp i found is doing the townproject quests. Ive spent 140 Starmetal ingots. leather and stuff so dont try it guys

1 Like

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting this bug report! I just wanted to give you a heads-up that we have heard your voice, received your report and reported it further to our Team so they can look into this.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Oh found out, that you can craft warhammers for exp if this info helps the team :slight_smile: thanks for listening.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.