Crafting quest cannot be completed

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Baekdusan Tiger
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Crafting quest cannot be completed

I think I know why the quest doesn’t complete.

I had another weapon crafting quest today, so I proceeded, but again it was not completed.

However, there was another armor making quest, so I proceeded and it was completed.

Looking closely at the quest window, I noticed that the weapon

ex) visit an Engineering Station
Create the Huntress

But in case of armor

ex) visit xxxxxxx
Craft Battle’s Embrace Boots

Do you see any difference here?

For weapons, it’s Create, and for armor, it’s Craft.

There are a total of 4 things I can’t proceed with the weapon crafting quest right now, but all 4 were create, not craft.

However, in the case of the armor making quest, it was completed immediately because it was a craft.

Looking at the crafting table, I think that the quest with Create cannot be completed because the menu at the time of crafting is Craft, not Create.

• Is this a bug? yes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)
  • What is your character name in New World: Boopsie Doodles
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East - Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I am completing a crafting quest for a weapon. I have had two separate issues, it is not initially counting me as interacting with the crafting station. I have to interact with the station up to 5 times before it counts. Then when I am crafting certain items, it is not counting that I have crafted them. This has happened for Hope Manifest, The Huntress, and Falmea’s Wrath.
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: Yes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I have to restart the quest, and I am not able to complete it.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Please see the right hand side of the screen where it says I have interacted with the crafting station but have not crafted the item. Then the second screenshot shows the item is in my inventory.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Complete a crafting quest and attempt to turn it in.
  • When did this happen? Most recent one was 10/26/2022 at roughly 7PM EST.

This is a known bug that is being worked on.

(The issue is that the newer named items have different item IDs than the older versions that are hardcoded into the quests)

This quest will be fixed tonight with the next update: New World Update 1.7.1 - News | New World - Open World MMO PC Game

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.