Crafting UI selects highest tier of material you have by default

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Sky Lorn
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Vainola EU
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The crafting UI for various skills (I’d assume all) selects the highest tier of material available when crafting. For example when cooking Light Meal, you need 1 tier 3 food item, and 2 different tier 1 food items. However when opening the UI to craft this, the game always selects the highest tier of food I have for the tier 1 slots. Every time I craft, I have to change the material to use tier 1 food. I have also seen this happen with Arcana where it attempts to use a tier 5 salamander tail instead of my tier 1 fire wisp for basic potions, also in various other recipes where the game will attempt to use steel instead of iron for low level recipes. Unsure if this is a bug or by design, but I feel like this should be changed.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug (or a bad design choice)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I’ve wasted a bunch of higher tier materials that I was trying to save up for higher level, because I hadn’t realised the game was selecting these high tier materials by default on low skill recipes.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I’ll never financially recover from this.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: A good example would be to go to the cooking station with bags full of tier1 through tier4 foods, select the Light Meal, and see which materials it is using by default, none of your tier1 foods will have been selected for the tier1 food slots.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.