Crashing on Loading Screen (January Patch)

Howdy!

Downloaded the January patch and cannot get past the initial loading screen of the game. I have to CTRL + ALT + DEL and end the process. Doesn’t give me any issues doing that and I have looked up the crashlog:

[2022-01-25T17:00:22] [10960:5256:20220125,170022.195:ERROR main_win.inl:27] Initializing windows game crash uploader logging
[2022-01-25T17:00:22] [10960:5256:20220125,170022.196:ERROR GameCrashUploader.cpp:47] GetUserStreamSources

Thats what comes up every time. I have also verified the game files with no issue.

Running multi-monitor set up with a 3080TI and a i7 10700K. Rest of the rig runs fine and have no issues. Any help would be amazing!

Thanks!!

Hello @Snagglepus ,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes on your game.

Can you follow this troubleshooting

1- Win key + R

2- Type %appdata%

3- Go to AppData > Roaming > AGS > New World

4- Delete the Savedata folder and the user_preload_settings.cfg file.

5- Reboot the PC and you’ll see that the files deleted would be recreated.

If the problem persists can you kindly reach out to our customer service live chat, so we can further help you with this issue. Follow this link for more assistance. They will request more information to find the root of the cause and give you a solution on this matter.

See you in Aetherum!
Blackink :spades:

Thanks Blackink for the fast response,

unfortunately that did not work. The files were recreated but the game still crashes on the loading screen. Ill follow the link for more help!

Hello @Snagglepus ,

I am sorry to hear that the first one didn’t work.

Can you follow this troubleshooting

1-From the Start/Windows Menu, select Settings.
2-Select Network and Internet.
3-In the Status section, under Change your network settings, select Change adapter options.
4-When the Network Connections window opens, right-click your network connection.
5-Select Properties. Scroll to Internet Protocol version
6. 6-Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) box.
7-Select OK to save your changes for the selected network adapter.
8-Try launching the game again. A PC restart may be necessary.

Blackink :spades:

Just for anyone looking at this thread with a similar issue:

1. The Amazon live chat service was surprisingly fast and nice

2. The issue seemed to have been a combination of the GPU drivers needing a manual update and the %appdata% being deleted after said update w/ a computer restart

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.