[CRITICAL PvP EXPLOIT] permanent root/slow exploit

• What is your character name in New World: Finch Finley
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tir Na Nog
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Issue happens in any PvP encounter: Outpost rush and Wars. After being trapped in any rooting/slowing (Ice Shower, Ice Storm, Gravity Well, etc), my character gets PERMANENT root and slow. I cannot move. If I try to run (move) in any direction my character does the run animation but doesn’t move at all (running in place). If I want to start moving I have to jump - similar to escaping from ice shower root or gravity well root. After jump my character is able to run but only in 1 direction. If I rotate my camera (normal direction change) my character start running sideways or backwards. Only way to change direction is to jump again. Additionaly the ‘running’ is not normal. It is slowed by at least 50%. Drinking haste potion doesn’t increase the speed at all. Only way to ‘fix’ this problem is to turn on auto-run, jump, aim at the wall (house for example) and logout while your character is auto-running to the wall (normal relog doesn’t work). This bug completely destroys any possibility of PvP. Any encounter with Ice mage ends up in not being able to play (permanentl no movement basically).
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG and exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: no chance in PvP, due to permanent slow and root (no movement)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no, steps to fix require exiting the game, which surrenders the current PvP mode without ability to return (you do not have implemented grace period for relogging).
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: link to the video here: New World 2021-11-27 18-33-22
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Steps to reproduce are described in issue. Just fight enemy with root/slow. This has happend to me so far since 1.1 patch in every War and OPR. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

I got same bug now during outpost rush. Can confirm it happened after ice storm root. game restart did not fix it.

@Luxendra will anything be done about this issue or should we just uninstall game? PvP is unplayable unless you think what is showed on a movie allows for ANY KIND of proper gameplay? I’ve been ignored on many other minor bugs, but this one prevents me from doing any PvP contant. This is not acceptable.

Bump, this is happening in every war now to different people. Not sure if its being exploited or not, but its definitely kills the fun for the players affected

happened to me as well. Quit steam, fixed game file, then wait a bit and logged in again solved it.

by fix game file = file integrity check?

More time passed and AGS still haven’t fixed than. ‘Lucky’ for me my server is now dead (all green) and there is no wars happening so I won’t have chance for this ever happening as it would require PvP…

This happens to me all the time. T.T Before i just expirienced it in opr but lately ive been getting it in wars.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.