- What is your character name in New World: Lavender Sodbust
- What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
- Describe the issue you are experiencing: T1 Common regeneration potions drop from end game elite mobs
- Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Having the T1 regens in the loot pool along side the T5 Health/Mana/Regen dilutes the chances of having a valuable reward, and instead rewards players something not valuable to them.
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
The loot bucket named
RecoveryItems Contains health, mana, and regeneration potions that are awarded to players for killing mobs and opening chests.
This loot bucket has tags that level restrict the tier of the recovery item so that you get T1 items in level 1-10 areas, T2 11-20, T3 in 20-39, T4 in 40-59, and T5 in 60+ zones.
Except the tagging for just the common regeneration potion is missing its upper boundary, which causes it to drop in all zones from level 11 and higher.
T2 Health Potions have the following tag in the loot bucket:
So we should only receive T2 Health potions in level 11-20 areas.
But the T1 Regeneration Potions have the following tag:
Which, without an upper bound, becomes every level above 11.
This loot bucket is particularly unusual in that instead of having a loot table with different odds or ratios, it just has duplicate entries in the loot bucket in order to adjust the ratio of health vs mana vs regen potions.
Currently, in an endgame zone, this means that there is an 8/16 chance of getting an Infused Health Potion, a 4/16 chance of getting an infused Mana Potion, a 2/16 chance of getting an Infused Regeneration Potion, and a 2/16 chance of getting a common regeneration potion.
This issue also affects the
ArcanaRecoveryItems loot table, which is used when players open an arcana chest.
In that loot table both the common regeneration potion, and the common focus potion have the unbounded tag of:
I do believe these are unintentional bugs, and should be fixed.