Data Bugs: Named mobs missing Named Loot Tag

• What is your character name in New World: Lavender Sodbust
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: There are a handful of Named enemies that lack the “Named” loot tag, and therefore are unable to drop their unique loot.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: There are in game items that are unobtainable, for example: Reflected Mayhem - Item - New World Database
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

LootBucket12, NamedWeaponsCreatures is only reachable via the loot table CreatureLootNamedLootGearOdds1

CreatureLootNamedLootGearOdds1 has a tag restriction that you must be fighting an enemy that has a loot tag of “Named” in order for it to drop loot.

NamedWeaponsCreatures contains unique loot, that has the mobs Name tagged, except when you look at the named mob in the Vitals data, their loot tags lacks the “Named” tag.

Example:

Entropy, the boss dog at the bottom of the Malevolence POI, has the following items listed in NamedWeaponsCreatures:

"Item12": "2hSpear_ChaosSpearT5",
        "Tags12": "Level:58,Entropy",
        "Item12": "Earring_ReflectedMayhemT5",
        "Tags12": "Level:58,Entropy",
        "Item12": "2hBlunderbuss_EarthboundPieceT5",

Which correspond to (ptr data)

The issue is that Entropy’s Loot Tags in the Vitals data show only this:

"LootTags": "Beast,Elite,Entropy",

Because it is missing the Named Tag, it cannot drop any of those unique items.

This bug affects 13 Named enemies:

Fixing this data issue will give players a small bit of new content (farming valueable uniques) and also give leveling players a chance at the excitement of getting a special drop.

It’s possible that these are intended to not be in the game, because they might be imbalanced. Please indicate if this is indeed a bug or if its a design choice. Reflected Mayhem looks pretty sweet.

4 Likes

Great explanation of the issue, thank you very much for breaking it down. I hope this will get brought up to the dev team soon because some of the items listed (looking at you Tiger’s Instinct) are amazing.

Also kinda ironic that the Gash ring was brought up in the Winter Convergence patch notes, even though it has never been attainable in the first place.

Yeah, there’s a lot of bugs like this that you can see in the data mine, I just hope that I can actually get some dev 's attention on this.

I realized today that this also makes it so that woodworkers gloves are almost impossible to get.

Crafting clothing has much better odds from named enemies vs elites, but because Borvarn isn’t “named” they are extremely rare.

1 Like

@Lilac any update on this? You replied to my previous post regarding “Reflected Mayhem” not dropping about a month ago.

1 Like

I got a reply on another issue that this would be forwarded on, so I think they’re going to have a look.

1 Like

Hi Ryanaslett, I really appreciate the time you took to write out this bug report post, its very detailed. I’ll make sure this gets sent up to the Dev team so they can have a look. Thanks again and have a great week!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.