Death RTA FRESH START merging into LEGACY

Thats great for fresh start servers, but RTA servers are not fresh start servers…are they? No they were event servers that opened at the same time as fresh start servers. So what you posted doesnt apply to RTA servers.
Why do you think RTA servers are refered to as RTA servers and not fresh start servers? Because they arent the same and did not play by the same rulesets or restrictions as fresh start servers did.

2 Likes

Then stay with ur dead ‘event’ servers.

I also see it wrong being merged with other Fresh servers.

for some reason this point is often glossed over, actually just ignored…I wonder why?

Doesn’t suite the narrative?

Although AGS kind of screwed themselves over earlier by saying RTA would be treated like Fresh Start…and then now tried backtracking

Finally someone that gets it

Can’t wait to see yall back on Legacy, we missed ya!

For all the people saying “so far behind” I created a character 3 days ago and im 60 and almost halfway through the GS grind. This means that you’re either:

A) Playing 2 hours a week
B) Trying to fish your way to 60
C) Big dramatic liars

Speaking of big liars, I remember that line from AGS about never merging and it blew my mind a bit. I mean, what is the end game? Fresh servers forever, in multiple tiers? “Dont worry Explorers, we will never merge Fresh Start Season 7’s into 5’s or below!” Also you can see how this makes cross-server OPR, expeditions, or anything else impossible at a decent scale.

Someone made a big oopsie at the office that day.

This is factually incorrect.

(Before today, that was not crossed out.) They specifically said they would be treated identical as other Fresh Start worlds.

As of two weeks ago, this is incorrect. Anyone could join the servers as of November 18th.

4 Likes

It’s not about the level 60 or easy GS grind. It’s about the economy, ie, your gold and gear. You’re telling me you have the same amount of money as the average legacy player who has been playing since day 1? Get real.

Nah bro I’m broke as fuck.

Typically progression in MMO’s is based around levels and end-game viability. How long before you think I’m getting gold M10s? How long before I could have solid 2 perk pvp gear if I chose to do that?

You can keep moving your own personal goalpost until its gold capped 3 perk BIS for multiple builds so you can shift with the meta and all that, but I doubt you’ll ever be happy and I don’t think its possible to design a fulfilling game around those conditions.

2 Likes

Im not sure what your point is? “As of 2 weeks ago…”
No one is talking about “as of 2 weeks ago…” RTA servers and Fresh Start servers did not start under the same restrictions…period.
The playerbases on each server type faced different economies and challenges. That will not ever change. RTA servers cannot be merged into Fresh Start servers without compromising fresh start servers integrity.

1 Like

They literally opened the servers up to anyone two weeks ago. If they were going to treat them differently, one would assume they would have said so two weeks ago. Nothing has changed since then, other than the RtA getting less players.

Sure, but anyone could have run the same strategies on the regular Fresh Start servers, if anything, they could have run wildly more efficient strategies, not having do random tasks like mining iron or doing specific expeditions over and over.

I’m genuinely unsure what you think happened on these servers. They are objectively worse off than the other fresh start servers, if anything, they are further behind the regular Fresh Start servers, an even better reason to get them merged.

4 Likes

Load of hogwash.

The RTA servers ARE fss but one’s that were temporarily reserved for the event to advertise the fss. It was closed at first for nearly all the duration of the event and streamers got only so many keys to hand out except near the end a few days before they were opened to the public.

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about or what was said to the streamers leading the different teams so maybe stop spreading false information.

Just the idea that the RTA server are somehow magically ahead of the other regular non event fss is ludicrous and shows you have no clue.

5 Likes

Note also the very title AGS used refers to them as, “Fresh Start…” servers. Even if they retconned and crossed out that last sentence at the bottom.

3 Likes

I can tell you exactly what happened because it was all streamed.
[1] Fresh Start servers sat through 1-5 hour queues, while RTA servers had no or neglibible queues the first few days. Initial starting zones were speed runs for RTA servers and over camped slog-fests for Fresh start servers.
[2] RTA servers have no comparable competition for harvesting resources. Its free harvest as no one can make a character on an RTA server without a private key.
[3] RTA players are free to level with pvp bonus enabled without worry of being attacked, due to streamer agreements before the event even started. Territories were divided and non-attack orders issued. All of which created an environment of free gathering / crafting impossible to match on Fresh Start servers.
[4] PvP win trading in arena and outpost rush. Plenty of video of naked players laying down in front of others win trading on a daily basis. Towelie asked by viewers if AGS would ban for this, he asked and AGS said it was ok for the event.
Again, you have an environment on RTA servers of super fast gypsum aquire and pvp track progress. Not comparable to Fresh Start servers.
All of this is well documented on various streamers vods. RTA were never anything more than “event servers” and were only refered to as "RTA or “EVENT” servers. At no time were they refered to as “FRESH START” because there werent and could not be compared to them.

1 Like

you really have no idea what it was like playing in the RTA servers and it shows. We are so poor all pitching in to keep crafting up but we are out of money. No one benefited positively for joining RTA in fact it was way harder to do any gear score upgrades, mutations or anything bc the OBJs that everyone had to do. They baited us in the event liek we were going to be a regular fresh start server. Don’t act like its something its not after the fact. This was the plan all along if you wanted in you should have gotten a key and you could see how much these server’s suck. Just because a few things happened that you dont like you think that justifies pulling the rug on all of us sold a false promise? The thing you mentioned I didnt even see happening. Yes ppl were to busy doing OBJ to take the pvp seriously and to busy doing OBJ to try to take each others territory but that was a net negative. No one was upgrading anything or progressing their characters everyone was just doing useless tasks for OBJ putting the RTA servers way behind the curve. How many ppl do you think sat here and farmed that much? Ive been out farming and no one is out here. Maybe a few people hoarded mats and now we all have to pay by going to legacy?

2 Likes

Try this one rta servers had to operate with a very limited playerbase thereby slowing down the whole economy to the point towns are not making money but losing it and are having trouble keeping stations upgraded…

The whole argument that RTA fss server had it easier is asinine and ignorant rantings. Things are worse off on the rta server and fact is all the other servers are ahead of them.

2 Likes

This is the biggest and worst joke I ever heard in my life, I still can’t believe they managed to say something like this, I 100% want my 300 h playtime Fresh Start Character to be on Legacy where my 1800 Hours Fresh Start Character ( I quit back in February) is 10x more developed in terms of everything. All of this after being stuck on a dead server with 200-300 players, no Expeditions, No OPR, No Arena, No Wars, No crafters, everything so expensive I’d rather go cut trees myself and so on… If this goes through I am quitting once again and many of these RTA players and streamers most likely will do as well and never return after AGS wasting their time and treating them like this!

1 Like

But then they were opened to the general public and called fresh start servers. I wasn’t part of the RTA event. I bought the game after it ended, and had no idea I was joining a server that wasn’t like any other fresh start server.

1 Like

@Malvagite Dunno how you can need more proof than this from AGS themselves.

2 Likes

The only thing irrelevant here is you and your whinage.

3 Likes

Reclassifying RTA servers in the last 24 hours from “RTA” to “FRESH START” is AGS having no clue what to do at this point. Clearly they never thought things through and thats why they are in the position they are in on this matter.
Nothing changes the fact that “RTA” servers and “Fresh Start” servers functioned under different rulesets and were never considered to be the same server type until the last 24 hours.
Its clear that they did not consider RTA servers to be Fresh Start and thats why they chose to merge them with Legacy servers. Which is the correct thing to do.

1 Like