Defender''s Resolves Fails with Leeching Carnelian

• What is your character name in New World: SuavayDave
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Defender’s Resolve will not trigger a taunt when a sword is slotted with a Runeglass of Leeching Carnelian
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: During an expedition or open world fighting, mobs and bosses will not taunt when using Defender’s Resolve skill in the Sword skill tree.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: When I swapped back to a Cut Pristine Carnelian, the taunts worked. When I swapped back to another Leeching Carnelian, the missing taunts were back and it was not working. For now, I have to tank with a Cut Pristine Carnelian for all taunts to work. (Shield Bash was a 50/50 chance that it worked as well.
  • When did this happen? 10/23/2022 (12:00:00 - 18:00:00 EST)

Hello and welcome back to the forums!

Thank you for your report and information regarding the Runeglass of Leeching Carnelian.

The Development team is aware and working on a fix. Please keep a lookout on our socials and official forum posts for updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think its failing with the energising rune glass as well by the way, I also think overall threat is reduced massively. im losing threat non stop and i never used to lose threat

• What is your character name in New World: Shallz
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Eridu (AP Server)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Defender’s Resolve will not trigger a taunt when a sword is slotted with a Runeglass of Energising Carnelian. Also general threat generation is extremely low fort some reason. i never used to lose threat of mobs so easily.
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: During an expedition, mobs and bosses will not taunt when using Defender’s Resolve skill in the Sword skill tree.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: -
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just equip an energising carnilion
  • When did this happen? 10/23/2022 (1:30 AM AEDT - 02:30 AM AEDT)
1 Like

Yeah this issue has been plastered all over the feedback forums. Its a known issue that I hope they fix soon. I know tanks, and even myself, would love the leeching taunt gems.

1 Like

Bump the speculative fix did not work. Same issue remains where taunting with a leeching carn does not pull aggro. however switch to a regular carn and all the adds come running.

Are people still posting about it on the forums? I’ve yet to get in game and try it myself. I know AGS said they would continue to monitor but the fix was 100% confident

This is still an issue with rune carnelians. It’s less than before, but it still misses about 50% of the time.

Unfortunedly this is still an Issue. 18.11.2022
I got it a minimum of 1 up to 7 times during Expedition runs.
I swapped the runeglass carnelien with a regular one and it works 100% of the time.
This is something that makes the role as a Tank even worse.
How is this still a bug after 21days of knowledge? This wipes groups and lead to some people flaming Tanks can you please fix bugs like this one, that make a unpopular role even more unpopular?!

1 Like

There apparently was a fix in the last patch but they were not 100% confident in it. I will continue to bump this

2 Likes

I actually had to change the leeching runeglass out for carnelian during Dynasty mutations day before yesterday because taunt wouldn’t affect enemies. Once I changed it out everything worked fine. Bumping

2 Likes

30 days without being able to play good gem as tank. Bump.

2 Likes