Dev and CM Appreciation Post

Just a dev and community manager appreciation post. There are a lot of issues in the game, so you all get a lot of negative feedback from us in the community.

I appreciate how hard you’re all working on fixing the game, especially when it’s not always an issue of game design/balance, but instead just messy tech/code that was inherited. I also appreciate how much more communicative you’ve been of late.

Take care of yourselves, take breaks, go touch grass and breathe non-stale air!

These days there’s a lot of negativity in the world, and with all this added negativity in game (however reasonable it is that players are upset) it’s important to look after yourselves too! I know that if I’m getting so upset over exploiters that you must be too as you’re the ones whose work is being misused and who have to make fix after fix.

Also to the community managers, thanks for being so active and responsive, especially @Luxendra who I see constantly responding to people here.

Knowing that what we say is looked at and communicated is so nice as a player. Feeling heard is a novel experience to be honest, aside from when I’ve played indie games and given feedback there.

Between outpost rush, expeditions (which I look forward to trying once the crafting costs of orbs are lowered), open world content, and crafting, I can tell you that this is my favorite MMO to date. It goes up there with WoW in terms of all time enjoyment, and it’s only been out for such a short time. It also is one of my favorite games (period) to date. I have 320+ hours and that will only increase.

Best,
AndrewReise

69 Likes

How does that arse taste? I appreciate the difficult position they’re in. But that’s why they get paid to do it. They’re not some small indie company with forums ran by volunteers… I’d love to sleep more CM replies. Obviously they can’t respond to every post, but considering the money they put into PR to get people to play the game, having people read and reply to posts to keep people engaged and playing is a fraction of that cost and well worth it to ease players anger towards all the bugs. At least pretend that you’re listening to the community.

5 Likes

If that’s directed at me, this isn’t false camaraderie. I have made plenty of posts with criticisms and bug/exploit reports. I made this post as I know that positive feedback can also be helpful, as it lets them know when we like something and can also increase morale.

6 Likes

This is Amazon we’re talking about here. I’d imagine a lot of the Devs and CMs would appreciate more transparency and a better situation. I also imagine that the administration that doesn’t care about this game is severely limiting what they can say. Stuff like extending the development period or pushing back the release date is out of the dev’s hands. They’re handed down the orders from on high and they have to make them work…or when the orders are unreasonable, we get New World.

Positive feedback also matters. I have plenty of negative feedback that I’ve posted. In terms of communication and responsiveness to feedback, I previously posted saying I’d like more CM responses, more dev responses, more frequent announcements, and more frequent tweets of those announcements so that it’s not always on players to check the news section of the forums. They’ve started to do all of that. It’s still got a ways to go, but telling them what they’ve done that I like is as important as my many posts telling them what I dislike, so that they will continue to do so. On the other hand, insulting the devs, CMs, and other community members discourages communication.

3 Likes

Hey all, we hear you and we’ve definitely been working hard to be more active in the forums and the Discord to provide you with the information we can share. We also know that responding to each thread individually may not be the best place to spread awareness so we’re trying some different things like creating that Dev corner for more complete information about different aspects of the game. We’re currently working on plans to implement a better bug tracker that would hopefully be better than drowning in Bugs and Exploits trying to find the information you’re looking for.

In the meantime, we are heavily utilizing the Official News section to spread information and you can keep updated with our replies in the Dev tracker. We know we have a ways to go but I appreciate that our work is making improvements.

30 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve been tracking bugs on a Trello board. Something like this would be nice because then the player base can track alongside and see progress. I’m sure you have something in the works (I thought I saw mention of JIRA somewhere) but would be helpful for transparency.

8 Likes

That’s amazing and would be super helpful. Can we get something like that? @Luxendra

Jira = industry standard, it would be weird of they didn’t use it. Although extremely interesting, I doubt they’ll share it but it’s good to ask I think. It would be interesting to see priorities.

Someone hire this man ASAP. He clearly has the time and you clearly could use some extra hands.
@Luxendra

3 Likes

I’m glad you respond to a fluff post. Why don’t you try and get the official word on what is going to happen with all the cities that can’t pay tax so there going from top tier to bottom tier faster than we can find another exploit that won’t be fixed.

We just posted an update here: [Notice] Temporarily Disabling All Forms of Wealth Transfers - #6 by TrevzorFTW Other than that, I have no further information to share. Also, please feel free to utilize the dev tracker to stay on top of our communications!

6 Likes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @Luxendra! It’s great to have you guys here.

So what you’re saying is they have a team working on a fix that will make sure it won’t happen again, it’s been stated that people will be banned, but no one at AGS has any time to look into how to fix downgraded cities… This is worse than the GFC. Freezing everything, players quitting, and it’ll be a week at the least to upgrade back to where we were. Can you please ask them to look into that aspect to get a response? Or do they just send you a list of general responses that are the size of a tweet or two.

You can’t trade gold, use trading post, can’t repair your town, because you needed use gold for it, you can make conflicted zone, but can’t make war, because you needed 7/10/15k gold => no wars, and invasions destroying your city. Without tradion post difficult to upgrade the profession.

As a game designer, i do this also. Super organized and i just want to appreciate like-minded thinking.

1 Like

Thought that it would help demonstrate that progress is being made, however “slow” it may seem.

1 Like

I’m sorry, you said “the Discord” here? It was my understanding there is not an official Discord for New World. I’ve been looking for one for some time. Has this changed? If so I’d be very interested.

Discord is a fantastic way to get information to players faster with systems they already use.

Damn man,

really nice job i just can’t explain how good that is for both community and hopefully devs ^^
I am just stunned by the work u put on that, i hope i could help you somehow :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks man, the forums get slammed with reports so I thought this might be a slightly easier way to organize the information. No idea if it’ll be helpful to AGS