Disk Read error on Steam

This is the only game on steam I have this issue with. It is by far not the largest game. I have over 200 GB space left on this disk with the steamapps folder and 122 GB on my system disk (in case that matters). I have run a file validation on New World. I deleted the app manifests, the download folder for New World on Steam. Nothing. I have uninstalled New World to overcome this patch error. Now it won’t install the game anymore with the exact same disk write error. I uninstalled and reinstalled Steam. No effect, same error.
I run no extra firewall or such, that is plain Windows 10.
How do I finally get to install a game I can’t play for weeks now??

Have you reached out to Steam and ask them if there’s a issue/situation between your steam account and NW files? If you have and got nothing in response, I hope you get somewhere here

Hey there @Jacra

So sorry to hear about the installing and disk read error.
That sound odd. Will gladly assist.
Thanks @Tovic43, thats a good start.

How about you get a confirmation on Steam and then send logs to us? To obtain logs and file a report it’s necessary to contact live channels. You can use this link:

Cheers!

I have no issues playing NW DevonK, the post was/is not mine. I was only trying to help the person having the issue. Thank you for asking, but the OP has the issue and needs help.

DevonK Customer Service
May 14

Hey there @Jacra

So sorry to hear about the installing and disk read error.
That sound odd. Will gladly assist.
Thanks @Tovic43, thats a good start.

How about you get a confirmation on Steam and then send logs to us? To obtain logs and file a report it’s necessary to contact live channels. You can use this link:

Amazon Games

Contact Us | Amazon Games

Support for Amazon Games. Read support articles or get game & account help from Amazon Games support reps.

Cheers!

I thought so, just wanted to say thank you for your input and trying to help your fellow.
That’s the kind of community we would like. Wholesome.

Have a great one.

Best wishes!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.