Epic Weapon Quests not Awarding Gypsum Orbs or Level-Appropriate Reward Caches

• What is your character name in New World: Sierra4I5

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil/US West

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Quest rewards from Epic Weapon quests are not providing the appropriate rewards.

• Is this a bug? Yes

• How did the issue affect your gameplay:
    Rewards are significantly reduced and are not consistent with published patch notes from 1.7.0 update. According to the patch notes, “Epic Weapon Quests now reward one Gypsum Orb per completed quest in each quest-line.” This is not the case. The sub-quests in the Epic Questlines are dropped Tier V weapon and armor caches that are capped at ~490 GS and no Gypsum Orbs are being awarded. Prior to the BSS update, these reward caches were uncommon Tier V rewards and would drop items that were appropriate GS based on the player’s expertise level (i.e., a 600 expertise drop would award a 590+ item). I have tested this on approximately half of the Epic Weapon Quests.

• Were you able to recover from the issue: No, because the quest rewards are only awarded once and are awarding the incorrect items.

• Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

1. Acquire an Epic Weapon quest.
  2. Complete a sub-quest step (e.g., collecting items from a particular zone or mob type)
  3. Rewards are automatically given without a quest giver interaction, and the next quest in the questline becomes available.
  4. Check inventory and see that the rewards are a Tier V common weapon or armor cache
  5. Open cache and see that the item is max 499 GS and no Gypsum Orb is awarded.
  • When did this happen? This has been an issued since the Brimstone Sands Update dropped originally, and has persisted through the various hotfixes since BSS update.

Bumping this–I confirmed today that the drops are still incorrect and no gypsum orbs are being rewarded.

Bumping again. Issue is still not resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.