Error "Your account has connected from another game session" plus UI error

After the recent maintenance, I can’t log in to the game properly and play.
I get this error when trying to log in:

and if I press ok and keep trying and somehow manage to get in, then the game UI gets buggy like this:

The chatbox is popped out of the chat. The quest log is doubled. I can’t open the map and can’t even quit the game and other issues.

I’ve downloaded the game 3 times already and it’s still the same. Another thing I want to mention is that I also didn’t receive my twitch prime reward today when I redeemed it. So my character or account is totally bugged or something.

Region: AP Southeast
Server: Delos
Character: Xzeon

Kindly, help me with this issue please @Firus @Standor @DevonK @Kexxelon @Wyvernn . Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have the same issue. From last patch I usually keep logging 30 mins before I can get in. First I have still the connextion issues and it happens from 1 to 30 times. Now also when I think I succeed to log in, during log in, I have this error as author of the post.
Can you assist with that? I have no response to my ticket, I’ve made.

3 Likes

Hello there,

It appears you have made two different characters with the same name, different worlds.

We would recomend checking if the characters are linked to same server, as this could cause error and might be necessary to delete one.

The twitch issue is often related to multiple accounts too. For example, what email did you use for twitch and what email (for example rockstar account) did you link your twitch account first?

Check your emails, you might find that the twitch account was linked to an older email.

@Devon418 I have only 2 characters in this account one is in Europe and another on AP Southeast. Europe character name is Xzeon07 and Ap Southeast character name is Xzeon. So there is no conflict there. If there is one it’s on your server-sided since I don’t see any character on the in-game with menu with same name so I can’t delete it.

I’ve made sure multiple times and I’m 100% sure my linked account on twitch and new world site and steam is my main account and properly connected.

Note: I’ve transferred my character from Buzhou to Delos but it was way back when transfer opened the first time. Maybe the recent maintenance brought back a copy of my character on Bozhou on your server-side? Even though I don’t see it in the in-game menu.

Forgot to mention “It appears you have made two different characters with the same name, different worlds.” that’s not possible in New World since the name of a character is unique globally. Having same character name in same region is out of question.

1 Like

We need the staff to get around this, we are all having the same issue, i cant log in. we get use to the " connexion bug " and need to refresh the game 30 to just log in, now this. Please, fix this. This bugs make your entire staff look like there no idea what they are doing, and we cannot stand a bug that keeps you away from loggin in. Please.

1 Like

Hey.

I see. No worries, make sure to perform conectivity checks and troubleshooting.
On the meantime, Ill file a report on this so devs can be aware.
Here are the instructions for obtaining logs and to send the report on your side.

*Anyone else having this issue make sure to provide your character name and follow these instructions:

Logs can be obtained by following these steps:
Instructions for generating a DXdiag: (Open and run DxDiag.exe (Open and run DxDiag.exe))
Instructions for finding the in-game logs:

1. Press Windows+R on the keyboard, type %appdata% and press enter.
  2. Open the most recent file from this folder: /AppData/local/AGS/LogBackups.
  3. Paste the contents of the file into your message. Send a pastebin of your logs to me via PM.

1- Submit error at \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\New World Alpha\CrashUploaderLog.txt

2- Send a pastebin of your logs to me via PM. It will be the most recent file under :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:/Users//AppData/local/AGS\LogBackups.“
This info will help understand what is going on.

Cheers!

I would like to add that the problem arose after the rollback. When will it be dealt with?

Hey man,

I understand how this issue impacts and that in the end you just want to play and that the whole thing works, I game too. We feel you.
Not up to me to fix this, but will gladly inform the people in charge so they can take action.
I know it might not seem this way but they do work mad hard, they have fixed a ton of stuff so you can count on them getting it all straight.
On the meantime we appreciate your information and patience.

Make sure to provide character name and logs, following the instructions above.

Stay awesome !

2 Likes

Hi , i send here.

Here are the logs and dxdiag.
Slavna Buniiooo

It all started after the rollback. When I want to enter the server I get an error that I am connected to another session.
And when I do manage to get on the server all the texts are bugged and it’s like they are 2x written the same thing.
please forward this on.

https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/gNrMRWgv/file.html
https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/QbO1kCSh/file.html
https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/FzlsAGht/file.html
https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/LL7cgjdw/file.html

(Attachment DxDiag2.txt is missing)

(Attachment Game Build(1413224) 09 Sep 21 (18 39 05).log is missing)

(Attachment Game Build(1413224) 09 Sep 21 (12 18 56).log is missing)

(Attachment Game Build(1413224) 09 Sep 21 (12 13 13).log is missing)

Noice.

Thanks for the info, will copy this into the report.

Cheers!

Has nothing to do with connectivity issues, its got to do with the rollback they performed. Yet another feature they didn’t thoroughly test before launching. Rollbacks, merges, item recovery, character recovery are all features that should of be viscerally tested before the game launched. This has to be the most amateur dev team I’ve seen. Graphic team did an amazing job. devs on the other hand… ooof.

Thank you @DevonK for your response. I’ve sent you the Pastebin links for log backup, dxdiag, and crashuploaderlog through PM. I hope this gets resolved soon. It’s been like this already for almost a week. Let me know if you need additional logs or information.

Character name: Elraniel
Server: Mayda (EU)

Below logs:

This specifi issue appeared after patch, but still I have connection issues and I need to make a lot of tries before I can get in. Now additionally this error as in the topic, then interface bugged like in screenshot that was put by the author, then I need to relog and the same story begins.
I don’t have the same character name on other realms. I use one account, one email, nothing has changed here.

thank you

Happened to me as well. I’ve sent ingame ticket with timestamp for investigation.
At the same time previously banned for exploit player was crafting at stonecutting table.
Lag + crafting looks to me like a possibility for another exploit, with lagging the server in the same time.
I am using Geforce Now, so I guess that nVidia has good connection to NW servers.

i have the same problem and i have only 1 character on my account. no conflict here. the problem is not this.

IGN: Buna Lee
Server: Ibabawnon (AP South East)

Got the same problem and this will be the 2nd day.

Let me know if I missed something

Thanks

I have the same issues and i only have one character ( never did 2 ). Still i have the “another game session” issue. And the GUI bug is driving me nuts.

I have the same problem and I have only 1 character created since the beginning. Changed password on steam also with no effect.
You can access the requested logs from this link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19FiWG29ciCbJqRy4jyY-BFSlrGVjjv95?usp=sharing

Great, thanks for the info.

Everyone having this issue can send their character name and logs (instructions for obtaining them on the post above, and I will gladly pass this on to devs.
The more info we have the better we can understand.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, let me know if you have any questions.

Stay awesome!