Expertise system doesnt work correctly

• What is your character name in New World: skunksir
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: hellhaim
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Im weaing 600GS legs, my expertise was 587 for legs, today i dropped 590/594/595/600 but only the 590 updated the expertise (see image)

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: well if you implement a stupid new system make sure it works correctly
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: N/A
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: sccreenshot attached above
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: cant repoduce something, as drops are random,clear to see the system doesnt work

590 is max expertise this is not a bug awhile you can get drops ranging above 590+ does not mean it will always increase expertise, it will increase it from getting a bump next time

your correct., why they cant put that in notes at top, to make it easy and for clarification…
dev comments stated…
close this post pls, stupid capping it at 590 but it is what it is
Now that the Expertise system is live, I’ve gotten a few questions from players asking why their Expertise is only 590, when they know they’ve gotten drops higher than 590. The reason is Expertise is currently capped at 590. When you hit that cap, anytime you get a bump drop or open a Gypsum Cast, you get an item which is guaranteed to be in the 590 – 600 range. This makes getting those 600 rolls more special and valuable.

Note in this release there is no scaling of Gear Score, so that 590 Expertise cap in no way negatively affects any gear, even 600 items. When scaling is added to the system, there will be ways to raise your Expertise cap. More details on that coming soon…

They’ve intentionally capped expertise at 590 for a variety of reasons.

1. High watermark was previously capped at 590. This is designed to put RNG on rolls so you don’t consistently get 600 gear but have to get the top roll.
  2. They will add an additional grind from 591 to 600 later.
  3. Laziness related to #1. Was easier to just rename it than actually revise how loot drops worked.

Thats not true actually, 590 expertise (max) means that u are gonna get drops between 580-600. Same with the expertise bumps or casts. Is just lame if u ask me xD but well, not that bad 5% chance to get a legendary.

What is worrying at least for me is the bug with the bumps, in casts and expeditions, im getting only +1 2 days in a row on 2 slots that were 587, +1 +1 now still 589 xD ridiculous. And ofc some of the expeditions getting 0 bumps. So nice.

Want to see if they are gonna compensate for all those keys spent and gypsum orbs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.