[EXPLOIT] Gamebreaking invincibility exploit! Works in Wars

• What is your character name in New World: Inkassokrav

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ketumati

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: You can become invincible whenever you want and never die, this also work in wars making taking points easy for the ones that use this exploit because they can never die but still cap the point regardless while their backline takes out the other team.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Gamebreaking exploit

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Redacted

This needs to be fixed, people are exploiting this in wars on a ton of servers allready and it makes holding zones impossible if you do not exploit yourself.

119 Likes

This need to be fixed! Gamebreaking

11 Likes

Needs to be fixed otherwise this will destroy the game for many players. Everyone comment so it gets noticed

10 Likes

It actually means the buffs are coded client side which may open the game to major cheats

6 Likes

It means a LOT of stuff is handled client side! This does indeed open it up to abuse even with Easy anti cheat.

Amazon need to push potentially game changing stuff to the server.

It does seen like the client is processing and updating the health/damage/buffs… this is an insane design for an mmo.

15 Likes

Thank you for denouncing this

Yea reminds me of PristonTale where the client decided on the hp… lol

Gamebreaking and needs to be fixed asap.

4 Likes

Who thought of this stupid “feature” for freezing player movement and damage calculations when the window is moving? Surely this is some kind of developer debug flag that has accidentally been left on? If not, this is C-team level developer skills.

7 Likes

actual indie company

5 Likes

Fingers crossed that this thread will not be buried.

Things like this should be top priority and hoping for a response that it is acctually getting priority asap.

5 Likes

Lol at this point, I’m not even shocked anymore. My goodness…

5 Likes

It is not a feature, my guess is the client needs to send some “ack” or some sort of time calculation to the server but since the window is moving the client is paused so it doesn’t send it

2 Likes

definitely needs to be fixed asap. otherwise the only way to defend your territories against exploiters will be to have to exploit yourself.

5 Likes

Things keep piling on and at the speed they going. Well

3 Likes

This is something to absolutely fix, not something to ban for.

2 Likes

Fix should be top prio for sure.

3 Likes

(I was being facetious about the feature part, hence the quotes)

You may be right, but I am quite sure I have been killed while the game client is minimised, I am not sure why moving the window would be different.

I did some tests.
You just press ESC when you want to stop dying, and then you need to keep the window blocked by moving it with the mouse, as just minimizing it doesn’t stop the render queue.
Also, you need to have the Defy Death hatchet skill if you don’t want to die instantly when the window is finally unfrozen.

7 Likes

This exploit was used today on the Farri server by yellow to take cutless keys. This needs to be addressed immediately. Here is another video on the exploit. This War Exploit Could End New World Before it Gets Started - Amazon Games New World - YouTube

6 Likes