[Exploit] [Storage][Game-breaking] near infinite storage capacity with bag perks - video demo

• What is your character name in New World: Gong Bo

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Naxos

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Achieving near infinite storage through a bug

• Is this a bug or an exploit: exploit

• link to a youtube video of the bug in action: New World infinite storage bug - YouTube

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: As in the video all you have to
    do is equip and unequip bags with bonuses to weight reduction perk repeatedly in this case it
    was reduction for ores etc. Have not tested with similar perks but i have tested in both
    Windsward and Cuttlas Keys and it worked in both instances. Also if you want to place
    something else in storage you can just take out the over-encumbering items that are covered
    by the perk, put the new items in first and stack teh ores etc. “on top” as long as you have
    enough storage for 0.1 weight per stack

[UNRELATED]

• Why is there no direct hidden from others way to report bugs? I’m literally makin a written
    tutorial, with video demo on how to exploit
    exploit here

• Also you should do bounties for game-breaking exploits, like uniqe cosmetics or
    something, this will entice players to report instead of exploit :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I mean I wouldn’t say it’s game breaking. It’s a visual bug in your inventory, and even if you shove it into your storage, you’re no longer to put anything else in until you go back under weight limit.

Try walking with the overweight stuffs that normally would encumbered and slow you down.

Edit: ok this time it let you to store over the storage limit. That’s new to me

If you were encumbered, you wouldn’t be moving any faster. You’d literally be moving at the same pace, except spassing out. Which is why it’s more a visual bug if anything, although it lets you transfer into your storage.

Seems like this was fixed from the patch earlier. Tried and doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

The only way I could see this being any value, is doing it all in the first move, because you are right, after you do it once you can’t do it again. ie. pulling everything from the trading post and then storing it.
Although it actually could be pretty awful for the player, if you went too high with your storage, it would take you ages to empty it out.
Imagine if you have 6k storage weight, and personally you can carry 1000, you would have to make 5 trips to the trading post, put your items up, just to be able to use your storage again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.