Exploit: Targeted Auto-ban Abuse on a company-wide scale

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Glitche

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Folkvangr

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    A group of players are targeting Leaders, Consuls, top performing members and crafters with mass reports to prevent them from progressing and participating in wars. The worst was on Sunday Nov 14th, where at least 15 regulars War players were temporarily banned right before 2 territory wars.
    Some of the players are being outright ban-griefed where they get temporarily banned every day even if they don’t say anything.
    This is organized by a group of players who are on a mission to ruin the gameplay for others. The following line is my personal opinion - I believe that this group is doing this out of revenge after a string of consecutive losses.
    I do not wish to disclose names, however if the Moderators wish to know more information, I can provide names and screenshots via a private channel.

• Is this a bug or an exploit:
    Exploit of the Auto-Ban mechanism

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Leaders, Consuls and Top performers of several Territory-owning companies are prevented from playing the game. Other people like myself who depend on their companionship are left to fend for themselves alone. This is a multiplayer game where my team is consistently maliciously targeted by people, preventing me from playing in a strong team.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    Not yet. These people are being targeted on a timer.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Simple - get a group of 10+ like-minded individuals to file reports on a targeted characters. Then Open top company rosters and look up their Leader and Consuls. Go through them 1 by 1 and keep spamming reports. Voila - you have disabled the leadership of top server guilds.

8 Likes

bumping for visibility

By the way, I don’t want to make the following sound political, but it’s something to consider:
The judicial system in U.S., England, Canada, and generally most of the western world is based on the accuser providing proof beyond reasonable doubt of the accused being guilty. If the proof is not provided, the accused is deemed innocent and the accuser could be charged with false accusation, and would have to pay the proceedings.
Current Amazon auto-ban feature is the opposite of the usual judicial system that we are used to. It automatically accuses the person as long as enough people file a report. At this point it’s closer to the old, outdated judicial systems where the accused would have to provide a proof of innocence.
The issue with this - the cost of the accusation is minimal, while the cost of proof is much higher.
This means that a malicious person can keep accusing anybody the want and get away with this.

Hello @Glitche.

Sorry to hear these player’s been targeting your company.

Even if their objective is preventing them to fight wars, we do not have an automated ban system. If a player is reported, no matter how many times, each of these reports will be reviewed by one of our moderators and they will determine if a penalty is merited.

If a player would like to appeal a ban, please ask them to submit a web ticket: Appeal a Ban - Support | Amazon Games.

If you’d like to report these players or their company, please submit a web ticket with the respective evidence: Report a Player or Company - Support | Amazon Games.

Hope this helps!