[Exploiting - Video Inside] - The Difference Between Honest Players & Abusing Players, Which One Is More Worth To Leave Unpunished?

• What is your character name in New World: Arahor

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pavlopetri

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Hatchet exploit is not only being used to get advantages in PvP, It’s also a “tool” to abuse in PvE.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: A “bug” that is being abused and intentionally/knowingly which makes it an exploit. It’s not something the person in question did not know about, anyone with common sense would try to relog to get resetted, not go to harder places and rush through it like it would been child’s play.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Me personally, none really. Apart from some loss of Orichalcum Veins.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I never tried but I think I know how to get the hatchet exploit yes.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Will do below.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: There are multiplie threads up on the forums and on reddit how to pull off the hatchet exploit, there is no need for another.

• I’ve reported the player for exploiting, but this concern has to be risen. Many of us want to know IF something will happen to these or if this will be declared “O.K” and we will carry on with a new tomorrow? By simply banning the abusers, the rest of us that did NOT exploit (even if we know how to) due to the health of this game will at least feel some composture, KNOWING that you are “separating the wheat from the chaff”.

Video: Hatchet Exploiting Player in Shattered Mountain at Orichalcum Veins

@Luxendra @TrevzorFTW @NW_Mugsy

By any mean, this is not one of the worst things atm in New World, but.

There has to be a silver lining about people who has abused the hatchet exploit. Everything can start out as a bug, you discover something that does not feel like it’s right and does not feel intended, it becomes an exploit when you abuse said bug instead of reporting it or simply ignoring it by not using it at all.

This exploit has been used in PvP and it has been used in PvE to gain advantages. In this case we can see the person using that exploit in order to cleave through strong enemies (silver) down in Shattered Mountain to keep tabs on all Orichalcum Veins that exists down there at ease. Veins has a low % to drop Void Ore, said ore is used to craft Voidbent armor, said armor will be used in PvP wars, that’s pretty much the circle of life. Even if he is mining them normally, the way he used to get there was by abusing an exploit, is it required? No, but It was a choice the person decided to use.

If rules are not enforced, then how do we move from here? Free-For-All-Exploits? We need to see some rolled up arms and some hammers flying.

Personally this does take away a bit of the fun or feeling for the game as a honest player, I’m not alone in this and I think others like me also feel that It’s making it more difficult to play and enjoy the game on day-by-day basis to know others abuse this and get away with it.

Will something be done to the abusers? Or will they get away?

I remember around launch of Guild Wars 2 when they permbanned people for buying chili peppers that had a incorrect buy/sell value. Me and many more want to see that same integrity from AGS, we can find bugs and report them, that’s O.K, it most likely will always be something out there, nothing is perfect. But something has to be done about the ones ABUSING them, they are not here to help the health of the game or it’s community.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.