Extremely annoying run bug

• What is your character name in New World: Baron de David
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aaru
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The well-known running bug has gotten significantly worse with the last patch. The character runs in place and only moves in one direction, but even that very, very slowly. Dodge and Charge work fine, but Run doesn’t. It does occur extremely often now (around 5 players in each war on our side). 2. Pre-Patch you could move halfway fast by jumping alot - but since the patch this is also no longer possible, it’s now significantly slower.
    For me (GA + Hammer Melee) it occurs in every second OPR or WAR, so I’m completely useless.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Completely disruptive. Wars, Outpost, can’t be played anymore.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, logout for more than 2 minutes and restart client. Which is the stupiest thing you can do during War/Outpost.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Getting involved in massive fights. Always happens as soon as it becomes laggy and I’m getting involved into lots of stuns, gravity wells, etc.
1 Like

I can totally agree with JP-Dave. I have got the bug several times myself now and its pretty annoying. It is a totally PVP Crusher because you are not able to do anything but walking really slow into one direction and jumping to change the direction. Sometimes you are able to dodge or attack and getting clother to something/someone like this but not everytime. If you are under attack its almost impossible to get away.
The Bug appears mostly after big clashes between more than 5 players and with much spells/CC. After that you cant rly move anymore and it doesnt stop until relogging for like 2-3 minutes what is pretty bad in WARS/OPR so you get kicked out if you close the game. Nice one.
The bug stays with you even if you port thorugh areas, relogg under 2 minutes or getting from war to normal world whatever. Its always there. Its pretty loyal though. But kinda more annoying.

Ive got it pretty often now, in wars, opr and open pvp and i rly want it to end because it destroys 30-45 minutes of fun. And its nothing you can do to protect yourself or exit it.

I am playing on the server Aaru with the character name Snib.

Here are two links that will show you examples how the bug shows ingame (sry its not the best quality):

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/658616119

1 Like

Hey,

I am sorry about the running bug, i understand what you’re saying, since i have all the details already, i will create a report on this and will let you know if any update is available regarding this bug.

Thanks for this information. i will post right here once anything comes.

2 Likes

Hey,

Would like to confirm that i have created a report on this and as i said earlier would be replying back on this once i receive an update from the report team.

Cheers.

1 Like

@Eivor
Some advanced informations:

1. Melees are affected by this bug much more frequently than ranged players. Probably cuz they are involved more often into big fights with lots of stuns, slows, etc.
  2. On our server (Aaru) many ppl noticed this bug. As stated, several ppl every War/Outpost. It’s completely game destroying, since your game is over after this. Just tried to logout, wait 2 minutes and login back during Outpost. Well … it fixed it and gave me an 60 minutes penalty -.-
  3. It definitly has to do something with spells you are affected by, like slow, stun etc. It never happened to me during running without fighting. Only after/during getting attacked.
  4. There is another bug on our server, where you cannot walk backwards anymore. But if you run forward while turning your mouse by 180 degree (so you look into opposite direction) and switch from running forward into backward (by pressing left and then backward), you are able to slide and run backwards with full speed, while shooting with a Bow at enemys chasing you. So far, I thought this is just a funny bug and has nothing to do with the bug stated above. BUT today I noticed, that it’s obviously a very similar bug, except that with one the forward run and with the other the backward run is affected. Probably it has something to do with in what direction you are pressing, while your are getting attacked, slowed, stunned or whatever.

Is this a joke? This gamebreaking bug is there since release of your precious void gauntlet in November, ruining countless wars and opr’s for people. I can’t fkcn believe you realized the existence 3 days ago?
But keep bringing more broken stuff in game before you fix the broken shit you brought few patches ago. That’s the way to go!

Can confirm this … I have it every second War and it really sucks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.