Faction Bug - Unable to complete advancement quest

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: CheesyChi
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I have swapped factions. Yellow > Green > Yellow, and as a result I am unable to complete the “Covenant Advancement: Lumen” quest.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to buy 5th tier faction vendor items, no chisels, no upcoming dungeon mutation keys
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No this requires a bug
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Simply hit max rank with a faction, swap to another one and swap back. You’ll be unable to accept faction advancement quests
1 Like

Hey CheesyChi, thanks very much for raising this with us and I’m sorry to hear that you’re unable to complete the Advancement Quest after changing factions!

The game team does know about this issue and is looking into it. That said, I’m passing your report on to the team to help with the investigation.

We don’t have an ETA for when to expect a fix for this, but the team is hard at work resolving issues and we will update everyone as soon as we have more info to share.

Thanks again for letting us know about this and we hope to have this resolved ASAP.

1 Like

Appreciate the fast reply. Fingers crossed that this fix gets slipped into the current PTR patch. Would hate to miss out on end game faction items because I was unable to progress.

Thank you again for the hasty reply. Love your work.

Hi @FancyFenrir

Since this bug has been persisting for a while now ( not resetting quest credit on faction swap) , I’d like to bump this bug up since it affect multiple people ( thanks to server merge, faction power shift a lot).

I know AGS backlog probably grow a lot faster than it shrink… but this particular bug prevent us from half of our mutation orb, the major content of the upcoming patch.

daily bump since this is still a thing

1 Like

howdihooo.

this bug is still in the gmae

this still has not been fixed, for marauders you can’t progress past the first rank.

Esto debe solucionarse y los jugadores afectados deben ser compensados.

to the top we go

hello AGS.

I would like to buy from merchant / craft orb in your upcoming patch.

thanks!

This is terrible, this kind of bugs made people leave the game in a moment when AGS needs to catch more players ( Lost Ark incoming), and these kind of problems that affect us all are unaceptable. I’m losing my time, money and love for the game stuck on rank 1 marauder. You need to fix it ASAP

to the top!

I’ve had this bug for more than 30 days now, they’ve known about it for 40 days. When I encountered the faction quest issue I noticed a thread from 10d ago, it’s amazing they’ve known for 40 days and still have no resolution for one of the biggest game breaking bugs currently in the game. Absolute joke, been losing my will to play the game lately, less and less time spent each day. I don’t really wanna log in most days anymore. I love the game, but the devs are grossly incompetent.

good morning, ladies and bumptlemen!

Bumping

bug still present, mutations coming up. would like to actually be able to play in the new content!

Agree with those above. This has affected me for more than 30 days now and it will soon prevent me from participating in the mutator dungeons.

I’ve absolutely lost my will to play as a result. What a slap in the face to all of us affected by this, which is 100% GAME BREAKING.

It was already stated AGS intends to change the system to restore max rank to people who switch back in the future. The easy fix to those of us affected is to restore our rank while they correct the underlying problem.

This is the type of issue that should be hot-fixed within 24 hours, not totally ignored for a month. I enjoyed the game while I played, but I don’t think I have the patience to continue taking this kind of abuse.