Faction Swapped Upon Log in - Syndicate to Marauders

• What is your character name in New World: LouBobbyB
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Isabella
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Faction swapped from Syndicate to marauders upon log in
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Yes - unable to play pvp content with my group of friends for 60 days
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: unsure - just logged in and faction was swapped
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone): 5p, PT, 11/12
2 Likes

Very strange, robbyab. Thanks for reporting this!

Welcome to the New World forum community as well.

1 Like

Have you maybe completely one of the initiation quests for another faction? I have accepted all the quests as I am a completionist and albeit it states you cannot change a faction - if you complete the quest you will change the faction on relog after you completed the quest chain… Happened to me when I was Syndicate and finished Covenant quest line… now Marauder questline is forever gonna be in my quest log as you cannot abandon it and I don’t wanna be green… Purple and Yellow are fine, but green… :sweat_smile:

I’m encountering the same issue as well. I even got the achievement for the Marauders, but when I logged back in I turned into Syndicate

Here’s my steam achievement as well

Thanks for this!

Thanks for letting me know you’ve had this issue too.

Is there a way to revert it back? My friends are in a different faction :confused: I haven’t touched faction quests in hopes it can be turned back.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.