Family Share Gone?

This is what we are trying to tell you, the devs will have to adhere to steams TOS with family share which they do not at the moment. Read it … new world did not follow the terms of family share as it allowed everyone to play New World at the same time. So one license allowed 10 people to play all at the same time.

This meant one gold farmer bought the game, ran a virtual machine with 10 instances of the game running on one license. Had all accounts automate and play at the same time. Steam family share states only one person can play the same library at a time, it kicks the other off (if the original owner trys to play any other game).

I dont see how its hard to understand the concept that this was a total oversight by the devs but its understandable sinking time in the game. But effectively it was done for free.

2 Likes

ah now you want to change it to a age limit but before it was something completely different lol… just get off the post

4 Likes

Is that an end user problem?

2 Likes

I can tell you’re 14. Go rake leaves or do some chores. Hustle that $40 earn it, don’t expect hand outs.,Shit I officially turned into my parents.

10 Likes

Man, you’ve been a troll from the very beginning, please stop.

here you go again lol, youre very intelligent i can tell!! They offer family share to end users. Its not my fault they didnt follow terms or whatever. They put family share out for months i put almost 100 hours in then just have it taken away and forced to buy it when they offered it originally. nothing you have said here is productive. Lol

3 Likes

Paul, there are issues with the Family Share feature in many games and Amazon Games is one of them. Unfortunately, people are abusing family share to bot/cheat/exploit and to create new characters when caught and banned.

It is too bad that family share cannot be a more stable feature where it is just ‘families’ sharing from the same household based off of one IP address but this is not the case.

Amazon Games is not alone in disabling and some companies that have used this feature for YEARS have had to disable.

How about talking to your parents about a loan to purchase the game or taking on some extra chores/work?

1 Like

Now You don’t get to play the game, and to most forum users this is fine.
But AGS may give you an attempt to retrieve your family share back within (unkown) amount of days till they say something about it.

Welcome to new world, enjoy.

2 Likes

Iv heard You can keep your character on that steam account you just need to BUY the game. You did not lose your progress other people have claimed the same thing. Buy the game on said steam account and you will have access to your currently played character

Yes, they probably didn’t even know about it till the exploiters started boasting about it. They are a bit of noobs when it comes to run a MMO unfortunately

2 Likes

How do i not play the game? im confused. Anywas ive seen 3 productive comments. In conclusion you can point fingers and tell me to just pay for the game but in the end having to pay for a game twice to use on one pc is funny considering it was offered with family sharing. Just not fair to unexpectedly be kicked off the game and told to spend another $40 to use on the same pc the other account plays on. Its just silly. If they were going to have these issues with bots and gold etc they should of made it non family share from the start and they wouldnt have 90% of their problems from the start! End of story gg

3 Likes

agreed

They should have gotten a lot of things right the first time. As you will learn, life ain’t fair. You said your brother paid for the game and family shared with you. Now you’re saying you paid for your brothers game?

1 Like

Maybe you or your brother can transfer your character into the existing account of the bought copy? So none of you would lose his progress and you can still play without familyshare.

1 Like

Nah mate, i didn’t express myself properly.

I’m saying that you simply cannot play the game anymore, until amazon decides to do something about it, if ever. Thats how things are being handled right now, absolutely pathetic decisions without any warning at all.

1 Like

The funny thing is that any of these comments matters cuz we have to wait anyway, we’re just squabbling for the sake of it…lol

1 Like

Hey, if it was free and allowed sure. But right now its not allowed. Therefore, you have to PURCHASE the game. Sorry you had handouts, I was scooping ice cream at the local candy shop to afford my xbox to play Halo

1 Like

This, 100% this. Or just save.

1 Like

Come on dude, you gonna come into forums and not let people be elitist assholes? why would anyone come to forums if not to say absolutely ridiculous takes that are always on the opposition?

Just buy the game lmaooo

2 Likes

Finally an honest reply, thank you