Fished chest still dont give gold (and not listed in known issue while being aroiund for several days)

• What is your character name in New World: Old Man Erys
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Rare chest from fishing no longer give gold coins
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Sure hope it’s a bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: My main income resources has been reduced to 0
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Already in several similar topics to which there hasnt been any responses but you can also find subject and screenshot here https://twitter.com/Dynomegacom/status/1448395754205294592
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Fish, get chest, open chest, no gold coins anymore
1 Like

I thought this was a stealth-nerf intended to thwart fishing bots. I’ve seen it mentioned on the forums now and again.

1 Like

Based on who you ask some say stealth nerf, so say unintended bug… What is certain is that we wont know for sure until we get AGS to tell us which way it is. Until then, I’ll report it as a bug

2 Likes

Still not listed in the known bug list and no official answer on this. I get it’s not a priority topic but for those of us who engage in fishing dont leave us hanging

2 Likes

So many threads on this and still no official response. It makes me think they’re trying to hurt gold farmers and be quiet about it. My aching wallet is hurting me so much more than gold farming bots ever did. Sad day

2 Likes

Yeah Im not opening a single chest until we have an official stance on this whichever it is (And Yes I would rather have it being a bug rather than something else)

3 Likes

Shameless bump as I really wish to have an official answer

1 Like

So CM give an answer on this Female medium length hair clipping through robe hood but not on the gold coins in chest, not even an acknowledgement of the feedback and to tell us whether it’s a bug or intended…
Thank you so much… /dripping sarcasm

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat waiting until they put a note before opening chests hidden nerfs are lame

2 Likes

they removed gold from the chests as they dont want you to gain gold once you have done all the quests as they cant tax you on opening them to hoover up all your gold you currently have

Very frustrating issue they have stated that this actually was a mistake when they removed it however still sad its been like this for a few patches. Best thing I can say is to hold onto your chests and wait to see if fixed soon, but once again very frustrating for somebody with 200 fishing and full fish luck gear who gets mainly chests ~60% of catches from hotspot roughly, the large and medium salmon I catch are currently worth more which makes all my trophies/gear/level worthless for money making

1 Like

So what do we get to do to get a simple answer on this just like “it’s a bug and being worked on” or “We removed the gold till we can fix the fishing bot issue”?

Spam the forum? Get into abusive language? Because obviously reporting this in a constructive manner doesnt work…

1 Like

And on this glorious day, not a single fuck was given to this issue… again…

Wasn’t the gold from chests done in patch 1.01 as a backlash to the fishing bots?.

1 Like

Well the issue is that we dont know. There as been no official answer on this. The first verbal (or oral not sure of the correct word in english) was that it was a bug. But it has never been acknowledged in writting and it’s conspiciously absent from the known issue list since then.
It’s like being on a train, the train stops in the middle of nowhere and you dont know why, you arent told why and you dont know how long it will last. You can make guesses but until someone tells you the issue you’re left there wondering and building up frustration.
We all hope to see the gold back in chest ofc but still telling us whether it will come back or not would be a huge improvment over the current situation

1 Like

I believe 1.02 removed gold from chests but yeah it was undocumented but yeah they haven’t told us anything

@Luxendra @Tosch small song for you in the hope you will eventually provide us with an answer…

Hello CM my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Is that you are ignoring us

1 Like

i am with you, will there ever come back some cones in the fishing chests or no?

Please answer us :slight_smile:

Addressed here: [Dev Blog] Update on Current Issues

Section on Fishing Chests

I haven’t gotten a chest from fishing since the last beta. I no longer fish because of this.