Fishing aptitude chest not rewarded

• What is your character name in New World: TheDoubleHelix
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Alastor
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Purple reward chests for Fishing aptitude not being rewarded. Happened for aptitude lvl 4, 5 and 6 so far
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Not receiving a deserved reward
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Fishing aptitude rewards bug - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: went fishing
1 Like

It has been this way since the start of the new expertise system. I was surprised to see you only listed that you didn’t get a crate for 4, 5, and 6, I have never gotten a crate for the purple reward crate in fishing. Not that it is anything special, but you do get azoth. Would be nice if they showed some love for the fishing community and put some legendaries in the crates instead of just bait. Would be nice if they gave us all the crates we didn’t get when/if they fix it.

1 Like

@rayman

Not at all new, I’ve been in live support chat, sent logs, links, screenshots…and now I’ve rolled Aptitude 8 without a single specialized chest. The last email I got said, essentially, ‘yes we know, and no we don’t know when it will be fixed or if there will ever be compensation for chests not rewarded.’.

More details here:

I have received 1, 2 and 3 if I remember correctly on Day 1 after the Aptitude system has been implemented - that is why I haven’t included them in my bug report.

I’m going to roll over to 9 some time today and I’ll post the next “I didn’t get one, again” screenshots when I do.

@rayman Oddly enough, I don’t see it on the known issues list:

And yes, it’s reported here:

the slow response time to fix this bug is unbelievable. they have already come out with two patches since this bug was first reported and it is significantly affecting my gameplay and bank. I had to quite fishing and make coin doing what amazon considers more important. why even have fishing in the game if they are not going to even make it work right. they certainly took time out of their day to take gold out of the chests and to make it annoying as all hell by make you bait your hook every time. it is as if they want people to stop fishing so they can just take it out of the game. it is obvious they did not even bother testing the aptitude chest out before releasing it for it a blatantly obvious bug to catch.

To be fair, that was a bug they fixed almost immediately…but I get it.

didnt know it was a bug, thought it was intentional and it was the last straw and i quite fishing after that

It was fixed in the late Jan hotfix the 25th or 26th.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.