Fishing Bugged at any water spot

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

• What is your character name in New World: Swabien

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: New World 2022 09 07 21 57 48 02 - YouTube

• Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please dm Aenwyn or Luxendra) yes bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your game play: Have not been able to fish at all from end of the Event. Everyday I have tried swapping poles, unequipping and relogging, etc I’ve tried everything in game I know of short of doing a full reinstall of the game… Extremely Frustrated that I can not do a basic game mechanic that I’m very fond of…

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just pull the pole out and fish anywhere and it happens every time - always same issue, never goes away, unable to fish period in any water in any zone or any secret fishing spot. The line goes up straight from player body, can cast then as soon as go to real in it freezes and can’t proceed - just like in above video link.

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) the day after the Medleyfair Event Ended - was fine all during Medleyfair event.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, I can do every part of fishing fine except reel it in. I can hold the fish in spot but cannot reel it in.

Still having same issue cannot fish at any water spot or fishing hole… when is this bug going to be addressed as I’m hearing several in game that also have same issue. Why does it affect some and not others?

Are you guys using the event fishing rod or the event fishing rod skins?

1 Like

Have used both the rod by itself and then later with a skin.

The event fishing rod and the event skins are bugged right now. There’s a few other threads, but the best fix right now is to use another skin or fishing rod.

1 Like

ok thanks - will do

This has been fixed in the latest update, 1.6.6.

1 Like