Fishing Hotspots not visible but can hear fish jumping around

• What is your character name in New World: SweatyKobraTTV
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on Ravenspurn
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: All fishing spots are not appearing on the screen, I can hear the fish jumping around in the hotspot but cannot see where the hotspot is.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I am trying to level my fishing while doing a fishing quest but am unable to use the advantages of fishing in hotspots.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: unable to provide this.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: go to any fishing hotspot in salt water or fresh water and can hear the hotspots being active but cannot see anything.
2 Likes

I also can’t unlock them:
despite being level greater than 2 in fishing, I go near the water, I notice the hexagon on the main map, but the fish’s icon doesn’t appear on the radar, there is no point where fishes jump from water to discover. I have tried all over the Monarca Promontory and have not been able to discover even one. Same in other areas anyway.

Finally decide to do the fishing quest…and surprise, surprise, its broken

Same issue here. I can see the sparkling water only in Windsward at the L3 hotspot. Not a single other hotspot is visual, but can here the fish…

I know from others who can, so it is not a general issue.

MS

What do you mean by „unlocking a hotspot“? IMHO, no need to unlock any of the spots, just find them and hope they are not buggy…

@AGS: please don’t close the Thread unless the issue is solved! Post a reference to an update or DEV post when closing!

I’m glad you reported this. I thought I was the only one having this issue. I have the hotspots in FL and the one L3 spot at the main quest giver in WW.

No others.

(sigh)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.