Fishing Poll Bug -and- Light Rations Bug

These two videos cover the problems.

Edit: Apparently someone let me know that using Sausages is the reason my travel rations were bugged, has nothing to do with fishing poll. The other parts of the bug still stand though.

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

• What is your character name in New World: Scriblet
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    Found a fishing bug in New World that lead to some serious issues. Unstuck/recalling did not fix, only relogging did. Pressing f3 had no effect on gameplay. I tried equipping another fishing poll, no changes. (thankfully my old fishing returned to my inventory when I relogged, it didn’t appear there when I equipped the new poll).

This bug happened after the small patch that fixed achievements. Happened to me once, and my friend once.

How to Reproduce:
Maybe Dodge-Rolling right as you go to press Equip Bait while having your fishing poll out? Dunno, didn’t want to test with a 1,600 person que.

Game Breaking Problems:

While having this bug, no matter what food item I crafted (other than special quest items) it’d produce light rations, but use my resources for crafting the food. eg. I’d use red meat and honey to make 15 travel rations and instead end up with 15 light rations. Not sure if this is a character specific bug, as I semi-frequently have this behavior light-ration crafting bug occur even when not experiencing this fishing poll bug.

As mentioned earlier, could no longer fish until relogging. F3 did nothing.

Other notable gameplay problems caused:
Could not see which weapon I had equipped, or weapon cooldowns in the bottom right due to being locked on “Fishing Poll.” I could still see cooldowns below my character.

Other notes:
Buying a house during this bug caused no issue.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: See Videos. Crafted the wrong food.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: After Relogging (RIP 1,600 que)
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: See above
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Dodge roll while equipping bait?
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.