Fishing trophies work now!
Mandje Mandje still has a tool-tip about being used for “powerfully enhancing food”, despite it being replaced by the Lava Barb in the altered Blackened Lava Barb with Corn Succotash recipe. There is no longer a Blackened Mandje Mandje with Corn Succotash recipe.
- The Ultimate Fishing Trophy referenced by several legendary fish doesn’t exist.
- The fish which are part of that trophy are useless (only usable as Raw Foods.)
- Mandje Mandje and Lava Barb tool-tips need to be swapped.
- The attribute bonuses still need to be swapped for the recipes Roasted Rabbit with Seasoned Vegetables and Blackened Ray-Finned Barb with Fondant Potatoes and Barley.
- Gear Score means nothing on a fishing pole.
Thank you very much to all of you for contributing to this research!
- Fishing trophies now function!
- The third fishing aptitude caches are now being awarded!
- Blackened Mandje Mandje with Corn Succotash has been renamed Blackened Lava Barb with Corn Succotash.
- Hooks no longer need to be re-baited after each cast!
- Madtoms can now be salvaged!
The following issues have been communicated to the game team. We received confirmation of this on Nov. 21 2021. Big thank you to ApricotScarf!
What is it’s exact name? Can it really be crafted? Is it just a myth?
The description for the legendary fish Aquanaja, Blue-winged Serpe, Glowing Guardfish, Horned-Tooth Mandje, & Lava Barb all say, “A very rare, legendary creature of the sea. Can be used in combination with other legendary fish to create the ultimate fishing trophy.”
None of those fish seem to be required as ingredients for the basic or major fishing trophy upgrades and the minor fishing trophy doesn’t require any fish at all. The fish above cannot be salvaged into taxidermied variants for furnishing homes. Basic and major fishing trophy upgrades use taxidermied Blue-blooded Barb and Daemonaja respectively.
As one of the Fishing Legends of Aukumea, I must learn the means to creating “the ultimate fishing trophy”, but I can’t find any information on it so far. Does anyone have any further insight on this?