With this PTR release, we’ve introduced an enthralling new expedition that’s anything but shanty!
[NOTE: This expedition will be unlocked several days following the initial opening of the PTR. This will facilitate ample testing and feedback for the rest of the update’s content, as well.]
Barnacles & Black Powder
A dark tide rises in Aeternum with the arrival of Admiral Blackpowder and his dastardly crew! Quest givers in the Cutlass Keys settlement and the new docks on the territory’s eastern shore will be looking to offer you loot and renown for defeating the despicable evil within the new Barnacles & Black Powder expedition.
Rumors suggest there might be an even greater power within the Admiral’s hold. Not to mention, more than meets the eye… as with most things in Aeternum, of course. Barnacles & Black Powder is an endgame expedition. The entrance can be found at the small docks in south east Cutlass Keys.
- Expedition Mutators
- Barnacles & Black Powder will be mutated 2 weeks after it releases into the live game.
- 3 new mutations will also join the mutation rotation!
- Icebound: A mutation that focuses on Ice elemental effects related to incoming and outgoing damage. It can also apply Slow status effects!
- Oppressive: A promotion set that includes mana drains and zones of silence, which prevent ability usage for a short period of time.
- Frenzied: This variant applies Curses to players that dodge. Curses stack and deal damage over time. Max stacks also damage nearby allies.
Please let us know how you’ve enjoyed this piece of content on the PTR! In particular, we’re especially keen on feedback relating to enjoyment of the new encounters, their sense of difficulty versus reward, potential for abuse/cheesing, technical issues with phase transitions/terrain navigation, and overall general impressions of the expedition itself.
When mutators become available for testing later in the preview cycle, we’ll be interested in similar feedback to the above as well, in addition to overall impressions of the mutators specifically — the challenges they bring, fun and the added value to the expedition.
Thank you for your insight and valuable input during our early build preview phase!
- What is your character name in the PTR:
- What server/world did you experience your issue on:
- Describe the issue you are experiencing:
- Is this a bug or an exploit:
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.
Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding the Player vs Player Reward Track out of this focus thread is much appreciated!
Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!
See you in Aeternum!