[Focus Feedback & Bug Reporting] New Expedition: The Ennead

Greetings Adventurers,

Aeternum is bursting with new content! The adventure of Brimstone Sands continues in this new and exciting expedition: The Ennead!

The Ennead Expedition
Players must challenge the Corrupted Legion head-on and delve into Ancient Ruins where they will face the vigilant Anubian Guardians and solve hieroglyphic puzzles to achieve new power.

When the sands settle, players will have explored ancient mysteries with Imhotep, defeated powerful Sand demons, and perhaps, if they persist, restored the rightful ruler who can finally bring order and hope to the region after centuries of chaos.

Please let us know how you enjoyed these changes on the PTR! In particular, due to the complex and vast nature of this content we’re especially keen on feedback relating to overall sense of direction, purpose, exploration, and fun. Additional feedback on balance/difficulty, technical issues gameplay bugs, exploits, or client stability/performance problems is also appreciated.

Thank you for your insight and valuable input during our early build preview phase!

If you are experiencing a bug, please utilize the following template:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • What was your RTT / Input Latency?

You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.

Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding the Player vs Player Reward Track out of this focus thread is much appreciated!

Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!

See you in Aeternum!

1 Like

just finished my first run and i gotta say AGS great job with this dungeon.

it’s fun and challenging and is exactly what this game needs

The bosses are great and all challenging (besides first one) which makes them very fun

All i say now is DO NOT NERF THIS DUNGEON OR THE BOSSES AGS

if people think it’s hard then they need to learn to do better, stop nering hard content and make game worse just to satify people who refuse to learn

6 Likes

I could not agree with you more. +1

1 Like

The visuals and the audio are quite nice and I didn’t encounter any obvious bugs. So that’s good.

While I enjoyed the fights, I think they are not challenging enough. As a full random group that has never played together before and without any voice chat, we managed to kill every boss on the first try. The special abilities of the bosses were pretty easy to figure out and we didn’t encounter any wipe mechanics at all. The only real challenges were now and then only in more chaotic moments with many mobs where a little more damage came in.

So here are some simple ideas on how to make the expeditions slightly more challenging and encourage teamplay more:

Boss 1:

Trigger the Laser event every 20%. At 80% all of the 4 pillars are still available. Then let the boss poison (players will receive damage while standing in the poison) the area around one of the pillars. This way, it becomes harder to hide from the lasers. Spawn each laser at the position of a player. The players are encouraged to group in a safe location that still allows them to safely hide from the lasers before they spawn. Increase the damage of the lasers so that it is necessary to hide from them asap. (60% → 3 pillars available, 40% → 2 pillars available, 20% → 1 pillar available)

Boss 2:

To be honest, I didn’t even realize the intended tactic of this boss. There were just tons of adds spawning all the time. Sometimes there was a bit more damage, but it didn’t feel like a big problem. Maybe add some mechanics that some adds (like the big ones) have to be kept apart or something bad will happen. We could also have some DPS checks here, where we have to kill the adds in a specific time.

Boss 3:

I like this fight. Probably one of the best bosses this game has so far. But I still think that it can be a bit harder (better).

I like that we have to kill them at about the same time. But maybe reduce the time frame a bit. I also like that we have to let the first endboss charge against one of the pillars. Maybe give the boss a stacking buff with each successful charge from him, so players should strive to direct the boss against the pillar as quickly as possible. (Otherwise, he would get too strong) Another addition that I’d like to see (and that we haven’t seen so far in new world) are boss mechanics that the players have to interrupt with a CC ability. I think the laser of the second endboss could be a good spell to introduce that! Interrupt it asap or your tank will soon be dead :slight_smile: And to encourage coordination and/or group play, I would adjust the “azoth-staff”-phase a bit. You could add either a time limit until every pillar has to be deactivated. (or the group gets wiped) Alternatively, there could be a time window that would start after the first deactivation, during which all other columns would have to be deactivated as well.

Don’t be too shy to make the content more challenging. I’m sure many people would love some more challenging PVE content and there is nothing wrong with having to develop a little tactic to win a boss fight.

Had a fun experience in the Ennead dungeon… LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IQb6EBrLsg

1 Like

• What is your character name in the PTR: asdasfsdf
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: EUW PTR 1
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: After we finished the endboss we headed over to the top / exit of the Dungeon. We noticed a text which told us to unseal all glyphs. After going back to get the last one, we returned but there wasnt smth special anymore. Just the big “Clock” (the spinning thing on the back of my picture) just started to spin. Maybe a feature is broken or its intendet ?
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Not much, but if its feature it just wont work
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes everytime you collect all glyphs and finsih the Dungeon
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Miss one glyph and you will see a difference as if you had all of them collected already
  • What was your RTT / Input Latency? 40 ms

Okay the ennead took me by surprise. This is first of all an aesthetically awesome place. You always do a great job with the visual designs.

But in terms of gameplay the ennead takes an impressive step up from previous expeditions. Finally we are starting to see more complex mechanics and a higher level of difficulty.

I really like the boss fights, they are really well done and are very fun fights with a decent level of difficulty. I hope in the future dungeons we see even more mechanics.

The scale of the expedition is also very pleasing. Overall i don’t have anything negative to say here.

Only thing is i wish it was a 10 man raid instead of a 5man dungeon.

The glyphs are there for a quest, you must collect all 6 and activate the terminal to complete the quest. Id say working as intended, although they could only allow it to be viewed if on the quest to eliminate the confusion.

Alright! thanks :slight_smile:

First thing i want to say is just WOW! The expedition looks amazing and the complex mechanics were a really great addition.

As with all the expeditions, the minimum recommended amount of people is 3. As a group of we three struggled with this.

We set the PTR gear up as close to Live as possible and even went the extra step to increase GS to 625. Used coatings, honing stones and T5 attribute foods. Gemmed armour and weapons for this expedition. We got through to the first boss and tried various tactics, even watched a few YT vids to see where we may be going wrong and still kept getting wiped.

I know a lot of people have said how easy they thought it to be but they are not looking at it through the eyes of players who do not have BIS anything. Who do not run expeditions on a daily basis and who do not have a group of 5 people.

I really enjoyed this but after 10 attempts we had to back out. It isnt just this expedition but all of the Lvl 60 ones to be fair. The expeditions really do need to scale with player number and GS.
There are also a lot of us who dont do expeditions because they are simply too difficult for a small group.

Making a regular expedition harder will only turn away those of us who do them occasionally.
Increasing health of bosses and the amount they hit, just doesnt feel like a fun way to make expeditions “harder” It just makes it last longer.
Please keep the difficulty increases for the mutated versions.

1 Like