[Focus Feedback & Bug Reporting] New Seasonal Event: Nightveil Hollows

Greetings Adventurers,

As the moon turns, so do the seasons on Aeternum. With the parting of joyous summer days, cool nights begin to creep in with an eerie air about them…

Nightveil Hallow
Shapes in the mist! Shrieks in the night! The demon Baalphazu, Marquis of Terror, and his horde of ghoulish Pumpkinites are spreading a living nightmare across Aeternum! Aid Salvatore the Mad in his quest to banish these foul terrors and collect a bounty of time-limited Nightveil Hallow rewards! Questline available for characters at level 35 or above.

Please let us know how you enjoyed these seasonal changes on the PTR! In particular, due to the complex nature of this content we’re especially keen on feedback relating to overall sense of direction, purpose, exploration, and fun. Additional feedback on balance/difficulty, technical issues gameplay bugs, exploits, or client stability/performance problems is also appreciated.

Thank you for your insight and valuable input during our early build preview phase!

If you are experiencing a bug, please utilize the following template:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • What was your RTT / Input Latency?

You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.

Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding the Player vs Player Reward Track out of this focus thread is much appreciated!

Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!

See you in Aeternum!

8 Likes

What is your character name in the PTR: TestLycan
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Issue 1, I cannot increase the storage of some territories. Monarch’s Bluffs for me in particular. Used territory cards and storage chests in house. Stays at 1000.
Issue 2: Purchased the skeleton dance from vendor, does not show up as usable.
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Couldnt use emote and cant increase storage.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 9/15/22 245pm PST

1 Like

What is your character name in the PTR: AchillesPTR2
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Purchase of cosmetic from the Nighveil shop does not show when attempting to change skin
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot equip cosmetic
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 9/15/22 3:15pm PST

1 Like

Wow this event is great!

Boss fight:

The mechanics of the fight is really cool. It took our group of Randoms an embarrassingly long amount of time to figure it out but once we did I think the fight went at a good pace.

The Drop from the boss going straight into your inventory did cause some confusion at first but I think it is better than it dropping on the ground.

The visuals and audio and design of the boss is absolutely impeccable. If this shows the direction for event and maybe… world bosses? Then this is a great direction to go in. I found myself saying “wow” outloud multiple times.

Cauldron in the cities:

This is really cool, the visuals are great and the rewards look good and the coins are nice. If the Rewards and prices don’t change it looks like there wont be much grinding. I killed the boss once and was able to unlock multiple skins.

I also like how there are more options when talking to the quest giver to learn more about the event/lore.

Overall I think the vent is designed very well and I wouldn’t change anything about it. Maybe more rewards but that’s it.

Good Job AGS

4 Likes

LOVING the event so far.

The boss battle is simple awesome. I love how it changes the environment, like the corrupted breaches.

The boss looks awesome, hits bars and require lots of people to kill it, like a good world boss should.

The animations, the voice lines (heard them in several languages too) it was just perfect.

Also love the Halloween decorations in taverns, inns and manors for the settlements.

After the much more calm and relaxing summer event, I love this for Halloween.

10/10 event!

1 Like

Event is pretty fun and has some cool rewards! Boss fight is enjoyable without being brutally hard, especially in a larger group!

Rewards look nice, however the patterns need a slight revamp. Particularly the GS600 versions. Not being able to choose what attribute they craft for is undesirable. Ideally it could work similar to how the armors from the Medleyfare worked, where once you had the pattern you could could craft any of the options. I tested out the both the Greatsword and the Voidgauntlet - Greatsword crafts as Dex, where most people would probably prefer it with strength (tank builds / versatility) and the Voidgauntlet crafts as Intelligence - which would be better in Focus for healer builds.

Would love to see this implemeted into the live version! Aside from that, Kudos to AGS for a great looking event!

1 Like

People have been asking for a world raid boss, and you delivered. The mechanics are fun and not too terribly hard to figure out, the whole boss theme is humorous, and the spawn clearly shows up on the map.

Being able to use the cauldrons as a hot tub is a bonus.

3 Likes

Love everything about the event, except how long it takes for a kill.

Something is wrong with the Aggro Targeting of the World Boss/Event Boss Monster. It keeps the aggro on the person it has until that said person dies, very weirldy. I didn’t wear any Carnelian, yet aggro stayed on me irrelevant, what I did.

May be a bug or intended.

The head sticks out of the Cauldron, unclear if intended or relevant enough to fix.

The Skins, prob also the Emote from the Event can be bought but not worn in the PTR. Some may want to test them, so this may be considered a bug.

The Cauldron looks amazing and the idea of a World Boss is sth many asked for a long time. I just find the Event Shop missing more stuff, but nonetheless cool things offerred and the 600GS shard will be wishingly seeked by many.

Vote to keep Baalphazu permanently. Thats all.

4 Likes

Love the event boss. I would like for the other mobs in the area to stop spawning when the fight starts. I feel like it ruins the vibe of the encounter.

Event was great. I think the event boss is the most fun thing I did on the PTR which is unfortunate. Maybe we can get some world bosses that are always around.

I think having a few more items in the store would be great. Maybe a super expensive armor skin for those of us that like to grind for an accomplishment.

I want to fight that sandworm in Brimstone

2 Likes

I have only one thing to say, I love the whole event! :grinning:
Good Job AGS! :raised_hands: :clap:

1 Like

Linking this here.

It honestly feels like the people deciding the perk roll odds for Life Staffs have ABSOUTELY NO CLUE what should go on a Life Staff. More likely, they are just lazy and decided to just make the odds for perks the same on all weapons.

1 Like

I mean, come on. Seriously?

Every healer I know will not touch a Life Staff without Blessed. Most want both Blessed and Refreshing Move.

I would like to see Blessed incorporated in the base healing calculations and the perk removed. That would finally give healer some flexibility in picking other perks. As long as Blessed is available, it’s required.

5 Likes

Isn’t it random what you get? Keen Speed should be there always. The other 2 are random or am i wrong rn?

Yes it is Random what you get. So you got unlucky. So to answer your Question.

@Treyhoss : I mean, come one. Seriously? - Yes :joy:

++ Sorry, Keen is always on that Staff not Keen Speed my bad =)
Also my bad i haven’t seen your Post above that Picture … Sorry :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: