[Focus Feedback] PvP Faction Missions

Greetings Adventurers,

The team is looking to collect feedback on the PvP Faction Missions update.

Please provide your feedback and any bugs encountered from trying out the new PVP Faction Mission types:

• Control Points - These missions send you out to capture control of Forts.
  • Intercept - Defeat enemy faction members and collect their tears! (Does not reset.)
  • War Camp loot - Retrieve hidden plans at the enemy war camp.

In addition, please note that the following changes have been made to PVP missions at large: almost all PVP missions now reset on death rather than being forfeited. Note that poach missions have been removed for a better directed set of PVP missions.

We’d like to emphasize testing towards objective clarity, difficulty vs reward balance, and general functionality.

You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.

Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding PvP Faction Missions out of this focus thread is much appreciated!

Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!

See you in Aeternum!

As this intended for information gathering and not strictly for discussion, we are enabling slow mode for this post, thank you for your understanding!

7 Likes

I made a suggestion post about new Pvp missions that I would love to see implemented but unfortunately it didn’t get much exposure. Hoping to get some feedback here:

Supply Missions (New Pvp/Gold Mission) Concept

Our community has put together a concept for a new type of supply mission that could revolutionize open world pvp.

PvP Supply Missions

• Exchange 1,000 tier 5 raw materials to your faction rep for a supply pack (large backpack)
  • Exchange supply pack to any fort under your factions control to receive 250g (this gold amount subject to change for econ balance).
  • Supply packs are dropped on the ground when killed, and can be picked up/turned in by anyone flagged.
  • If an enemy turns in your pack, 50% will be rewarded to each player.
  • Faction influence is rewarded based on where the trade pack is turned in.

This type of system evolves into some of the best pvp any game can offer.

• Groups will come together to help each other run their packs.
  • Defense groups will congregate near forts to attempt to intercept players with packs, even when no packs are present.
  • Stealth runs become highly profitable and will enliven some of the more remote areas of the map.
  • Incentivize reacting/defending forts within each zone.

In addition to being extremely fun/rewarding, this system solves multiple problems that New World is currently facing.

• New gold injection to help relieve the games current deflation.
  • Tier5 material sink for all the excess that we are seeing due to players farming for legendary material.
20 Likes

By default, killing opposing faction players during PvP Missions should award you some influence, currently it’s too much of playing tag and cat & mouse.

In it’s current state, players avoid combat rather than engage head-on.

10 Likes

Which ones are the poach missions? Stand your ground or the collect flint style ones?

I like the stand your ground missions.

Also, pvp missions that require actual pvp is awesome! Do those reset on death too?

These look interesting, but I’m not leveling another char to 60 on the ptr just to test them.

Happy to see the work being put in though

1 Like

I second an idea like this, but I don’t think it should be a mission itself, but always on when you are PVP toggled.
Here is how I think the idea should go:

• When you toggle on PVP you have 5% to all gathering luck and [X%] (see below) extra resources to all gathering skills. This [X%] (see below) that is gathered is marked as a separate (GOLD BACKGROUND Unique Item). When you die, the extra loot distributes to any groups that participated in the kill that are PVP flagged. You have to stand at any fort capture point for THREE MINUTES to claim it, then it changes to non-droppable. Of course if you fast travel you lose these extra resources gathered.

• When you toggle on PVP and you kill someone you gain kill [Y] (see below) tokens divided amongst all the group members that participated in the kill. These tokens can be used at a separate PVP Faction shop to get gear, repair kits, potions, or even be traded in for gold.

The X% to gathering scales from 5-15%, depending on how many are online from your faction, an additional 3% is added if gathered in enemy territory.
The Y tokens scales from 50 to 150 per kill, depending on how many are online from your faction. Defending(Allied)/Attacking(Enemy) location does not give any additional bonus.
This ensures that low population servers and outnumbered factions receive more benefit for the added difficulty and also creates a strong incentive to switch factions if you are part of the dominate faction.

Hopefully @Luxendra @NW_Mugsy @TrevzorFTW @Tosch can add this to the suggestion list. I will focus my future feedback on the features this PTR includes specifically, but I felt that this suggestion was relevant here.

3 Likes

“almost all PVP missions now reset on death rather than being forfeited”. no, just… no. FK that. ALL quests should have to be reacquired at the faction vendor. if you implement this change, i sincerely hope your game dies. otherwise you’ll have people just setting up camps at the mission spot and waiting till the defenders leave. the dev who though this was a good idea should suck a big fat chode. also, if you are flagged, in a pvp mission area, your tent should be destroyable. again… all i’d have to do is respawn at my camp and complete the mission while there’s nothing the defending territory can do about it since they can’t send them back to town. this is a horrible idea and if you implement it you are retarded.

6 Likes

Not sure if this is the place to report it, but the pvp mission to collect intel at the war camp is bugged. I got intel for picking up flint and fiber near monarchs bluff while being no where near the fort or war camp

1 Like

idk about anyone else but for me and my brother the vanquish pvp quest are not tracking

I found an issue where chopping a tree outside the settlement rewards me with the fort invasion plans to complete the objective without going to the fort at all.

2 Likes

A great idea that deserves to be promoted

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Admiral Black

• What server/world/region did you experience your issue on: PTR EU server

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: PVP quest “Enemy Intelligence” The information that was gathered was dropping off of everything I did… I.E. I cut down a tree and got a note of information for the quest. I killed a rabbit and I got a page of information for the quest. I ended up completing the quest with 3 trees, a rabbit, and gathering a soul mote instead of killing enemies in the suggested area.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Didn’t affect my gameplay

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I accepted the pvp faction quest in everfall and on my way to try and figure out how to unlock the trading post I decided to cut down trees and found the bug that way.

1 Like

I guess I’m at a loss here, other than converters- there isn’t much reason to farm faction missions. Why not add lvl 60 high GS gear, and more stat token options to draw more attention to faction missions? This would give PvP players a "healthy alternative to gearing up. Increase Faction standing to 100k, once players reach 100k- they can unlock the “legendary faction” gear. If legendary feels like its too much then make it 600 purple for all we care.

2 Likes

People farm them to put a city into war. But for farmings sake maybe it makes sense to add 550 - 560 gs stuff. More than that and it becomes close to BiS and kinda makes other gear and activities irrelevant.

Maybe not the right place for Rewards but on your reward discussion.

give players the opportunity to buy “chests” for faction tokens that contain PvP relevant items (similar to portal/outpost rush chest), this way we could dump our faction tokens and could rise watermark.
Like a random piece of PvP fashion gear (like the war chests) and maybe consumables that only work in organized PvP like PvP Potions

5 Likes

Yes we need kind of this feature.

Will be awesome to trade Faction points to get HWM chest with Faction, Rusher, Warmaster or Champion Defender look and random stats.

Klingt nach Warhammer online … :wink:

Confirmed:

Enemy Intelligence PVP quest can be completed by collecting anything

1 Like

increase the chance of collecting and the overall chance by 10% when pvp is active. You have already said that the chances will increase when the pvp is turned on. Don’t delay this any longer, before the game dies any more. And please don’t listen to the players who keep crying. Today we went to the elite run for the first time in pvp open and it was incredibly enjoyable when we fought with the people there. after 1 month, the game was enjoyed again for the first time. and please speed up your plan to include the items that fall when we beat the players in the water brand as well. The game has now turned into a dead pve spam. Please block this spam and revive the game.

I have to agree with this, 100%.

PvP missions have to either forfeit upon death or you can only respawn from a location once within a time period and then it goes on a cooldown (for every spawn point, settlement, camp, shrine).

Having to go back to get the quest forces players to be out of the fight when dying but this is now gone, so PvP is going to be MORE of a zerg fest. People will just die and immediately run out to the same spot again because their camp/settlement/shrine is close enough.

I say, it’s fine to have PvP missions reset, but respawn points have to go on a cooldown to keep people from zerging like crazy if their spawn point is close by. Players, when they die, has to be removed from the fight for some type of duration to prevent this from just being giant zergs/constant zergs.

I vote to have spawn points, if you respawn at them in the previous 5 minutes, it’s on cooldown.

2 Likes

Same problem here, was heading to report it. Basically, Enemy Intelligence in Monarchs gives you plans from gathering. At this point, it was a tree, flint, bush and hemp. Assuming that u gonna get them from any harvesting

I was also looting elite chest - this was without bug.

I was trying this on beginner beach so I cannot say if it is global across monarch atm.