[Focus Feedback] Starstone Barrows Mutation

Greetings Adventurers,

We are releasing a new Mutated Expedition in Starstone Barrows!

This new take on Starstone Barrows includes a special appearance. Players will revisit parts of the Amrine Expedition and face both the intrepid Simon Grey and Foreman Nakashima. Challenge the Expedition to find out more.

You can access the Starstone Barrows Mutation through the in-game map or at the Starstone Barrows Expedition entrance.

Please let us know how you’ve enjoyed this piece of content on the PTR! In particular, we’re especially keen on feedback relating to enjoyment of the new mutation and the challenges they bring, fun and the added value to The Starstone Barrows expedition, readability of the new conditions/effects, challenge rating of each difficulty tier, and any general bug, performance issue, or exploit with this content.

Thank you for your insight and valuable input during our early build preview phase!

If you are experiencing a bug, please utilize the following template:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • What was your RTT / Input Latency?

You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.

Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding the Starstone Barrows Mutation out of this focus thread is much appreciated!

Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!

See you in Aeternum!

2 Likes

I like that this Mutation has a new Heart Rune.

Please add Heart Runes to Mutated Depths and Dynasty as well.

4 Likes

Agreed, was a nice touch to see, plus it wasn’t expected either.

Mending Bile Bomb, like most lifesteal effects, seems to have a cooldown which makes is a lot weaker and less function than the other two. This is way too undertuned, and really needs to be buffed considers you sacrifice half the disease and the whole DoT to gain a barely functioning lifesteal.

Myself and my company members enjoyed the Shattered Obelisk dungeon (Mashup) it had a couple twists n turns. The number of mobs/gathering/bosses seemed good. BUT, it’s going to be the same old thing where once again the timing is off. Just make ALL Mutations a flat 45 minutes. There is no reason to penalize casual players from content. They are your true playerbase. The 1% who speedrun will easily be able to flaunt their achievements with the leaderboards etc. But this game was built on play how you want to play, and making sure all your team is running light builds with hatchets and hammers is not the way. As a customer if I would like to spend my 45 minutes running a M10 and helping my company member get umbral shards for completing it flawlessly in 45 minutes then we should not be penalized for not having it done in 30. Those that wish to speed run can still do so, and by all means they can do 2 runs in the course of an hour. Not to mention the bragging rights. But to come to a toxic forum setting and hear the same posters, post that content should be harder is a joke they can go elsewhere or stop comparing NW to other games. 99% of your player base wants to have fun with either PVP/PVE, dungeon crawls, or spending time with their company members. This lack of proper timing for dungeons just pigeonholes players. If your worried about shard sellers (then lock out the dungeon after the timer starts).

3 Likes

Why in the name of the great googly eyed mostrosity is there not a normal level 60 version of this new mash up?

Seriously if there is a heartrune locked behind having to run a mutated expedition (which doesn’t appeal to everyone) you have just made it so that a chunk of your players are being locked out of this new content by your very own design.

make a straight level 60 version as the base for this new mash up and then mutate it from there.

In a company of about 30 ish players we have maybe 6 that have any interest in running mutations so that’s only about 20% of our company that will ever see the inside of this new shiny content which means for the other 80% they may as well just ignore the fact that it even exists.

1 Like

You only need to do it once, it is not much different to other Named items that drop from PvE (which you had to do multiple times) but are used in PvP. e.g. Will of the Ancient, Glowing Crystal Lifestaff, Doom’s Chance Earring, etc.

I like that Heartrune are linked to new Expeditions. It means whenever we get new PvE we also get new PvP content. Otherwise as we have seen in the past we have 2 months with no PvP content, when they are doing PvE which was terrible and the meta became stale. And lets be fair, AGS release far more PvE than they do PvP, so having them linked is a good thing.

Instead of upping the gold standard for mutations, why not create a platinum reward?

Bonus shards + an extra chest at the end maybe?

I’m triple warded and can DPS and tank. I’m a PvPer and carry my weight in PvE but pugs are impossible anymore.

An M1 is extremely close to a normal style of dungeon… it’s not as spooky or crazy as some people think :slight_smile:

1 Like

There should be regular versions of all mutations so you can take people in to learn mecahnics without wasting your weekly mutation CDs. M1 is considerably harder than a regular unless you OUTGEAR it and most people whom would need to run regular to learn don’t outgear mutations.

Well… that actually makes good sense. I support you :smiley:

1 Like

This makes zero sense. They literally play all the dungeons during the rank up process. So they should already know the mechanics correct?

Why don’t you release a new arena, battleground or pvp zone? We have one arena and one Bg while you guys keep pumping out dungeons… The pvp community is dying.

I dont know many people who actually played the dungeons during leveling up let alone ran them enough to learn the mechanics. On top of that the mechanics while leveling are trivial you just ignore them. People don’t know them. So to answer your question, Infatically no.