[Focus Feedback] The Varangian Questline

Greetings Adventurers,

The team is looking to collect feedback on The Varangian Questline.

Please provide your feedback and any bugs encountered from experiencing the new Varangian story quests.

We’d like to emphasize testing towards normal gameplay, objective clarity and achievement, and overall story narrative and character.

You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.

Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding The Varangian Questline out of this focus thread is much appreciated!

Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!

See you in Aeternum!

As this intended for information gathering and not strictly for discussion, we are enabling slow mode for this post, thank you for your understanding!

7 Likes

This is a completely new questline, with new enemies. The whole thing changed! I believe you can pick this one up in Everfall…

3 Likes

Upon completing the second part of “Tenacious Rose” it says “Talk to Abigail Rose” but the green turn in quest marker is not visible on the map and the show on map button doesn’t work.

Also Abigail isn’t in the same spot where she gives you the quest. So I have no idea where to turn it in.

I can’t find the quest, I’m in Everfall at this moment looking for Abigail.

She’s on the cliffs right outside the new fort, to the left if looking at the fort.

There’s a new fort?

Yes, North-West of Everfall, Not very far. Right next to where it says “Stonereach” on the map

2 Likes

Thank you!!

can the devs make the quest more obvious? I’ve been at fort everfall at all cliffs looking for Abigail but there’s no quest mark near or anywhere on the map.

What level is the Everfall quest available at? I did the one in First Light and I’m level 17. No sign of the Everfall quest.

The starting quest from Abigail Rose doesn’t show on the map as an unstarted quest usually would. Also, after you defeat Sir Ruval in Monarch’s Bluffs, it tells you to talk to Rose again but there is no quest marker and she is nowhere to be found.

Also, I didn’t know where else to mention this, there’s a location on the map southeast of Brightwood (just west of the Eldritch Hollow) that appears on the map but not in the world. I assume it’s some upcoming location that was left on the map graphic by mistake. Might want to remove that before live.

3 Likes

She’s a little east of where Sir Ruval was, along the cliffs. But after turning in I didn’t see any obvious follow-up as a level 17.

1 Like

Cool stuff bro. Now please give us informations about the watermark wiping on transfer cause we’ve been grinding for 2 months and losing all of our progress in your dead servers it’s not going to be fun at all.

THANK YOU @Luxendra @NW_Mugsy

I can’t seem to find the post where I read the details, but iirc, it’s a level 20 quest line correct? May I just ask why adding a low level quest line is the play right now?

It feels odd that the new enemies/content are completely useless for end game players.

Ahh the good ole days of when you get a quest, but they don’t tell you where to find the objective. You had to explore.

2 Likes

are you suggesting that at 1 month after launch, they stop adding anything for anyone not max lv already?

6 Likes

1 Like

I think the mission chain got a bit mixed up in my case. After creating my character and doing the beach missions, I headed to the beach by Moncarch’s Bluff to check out the new enemies (I saw the change in the map). After clearing them out, then I found the fort (but didn’t see Abigale) and cleared out the fort. Not too hard for a level 17. Then I set about finding Abigale to get the missions. Eventually I found her and got the mission to go back to the Monarch’s Bluff beach (Tenacious Rose?). Meanwhile I noticed that I also had a yellow diamond mission in First Light that was apparently a follow on to a document I had found in the fort.
I completed the Monarch’s Bluff mission (Tenacious Rose) and returned to turned in it w/Abigale but she is no longer there and there is no green diamond anywhere on the map. Now I appear to be stuck with that completed mission and unable to turn it in.
I have now gone down to First Light and done the Visions of Invaders mission (thinking that Abigale might have relocated). I’m not sure if this mission was a chained to the earlier ones.

found her second spot - and i searched all over here last night. went back to ef, searched all along bluffs, re-read documents found, nada… came back and here she is:

1 Like

I tried doing it but found the amount of travel required to get to part 2 too extreme. i do not know if there is a shortcut but the winding path you have to take was too much for me. I always skip those side quests.
@Kay
The new quest is in everfall but patch 1.0.4 removed everfall as a starting location… wouldn’t it be better to have new characters/players wash up on the shores of everfall over the other zones first? or at least let us choose the beach…