Final Edit: The devs provided an FAQ here:
I’m hoping this gets to the dev team. I hugely appreciate the explanation of luck on the latest video. What I got from it as an official confirmation:
- Global Luck is different from Gathering luck (this is pretty intuitive in the game but I’m glad you confirmed it)
- Luck bonus raises the floor on the roll. The ceiling is still very high for the best items
- PvP flag stacks with your global and gathering luck and so will affect the roll. Does it affect expedition runs?
- Luck does NOT affect whether you get a drop or not
- Luck does NOT affect the item quality that drops (green/purple/orange)
We as a community still have these questions:
Can you expand on what you mean by “named items” mentioned in the video? Does it include trophy mats and legendary weapon crafting mats? Recipes? Crafting gear like armorer hat?
Is the luck stat on shield working as expected when looting chests?
Are pearls working as expected? The community feels it is overriding the equipment’s luck stat. There is a similar concern with Amulets having a luck stat subtracting from luck.
Is it possible too much luck is messing up the rolls?
Is there a sweet spot that could possibly occur if the item you are hunting is in a certain table. eg. trophy mats
What does LuckSafe in the code mean?
Is there a rest bonus type of variable being added to luck rolls? ie. if someone hasn’t logged in a long time or some kind of first roll of the day bonus
Is there a known issue with the luck perk losing effectiveness after death or teleporting? The community thinks you need to re-equip everything after death or teleporting. Other perks have been proven to have this issue.
For the forum regulars: If I missed any questions please let me know.