Free Look doesn't work after you login

• What is your character name in New World: JakeL
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Right after logging in, Free Look (holding ALT by default) won’t work until you open your inventory. There’s also some other circumstances where free look will stop working until you open your inventory, but I’m unable to replicate those right now.
  • Is this a bug? Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Makes it harder to utilize free look.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, opening your inventory fixes the issue, but this shouldn’t be required.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

(It might be a tad hard to tell what’s happening in the video, but I’m holding ALT (free look) the entire time and it only starts working after I open my inventory.)

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  1. Relaunch New World.
  2. Log into your character. Run and attempt to free look (with the default binding of ALT). Notice your character moves in the direction you are looking.
  3. Open your inventory and then close it.
  4. Attempt to run and free look and notice how you can look without influencing your characters movement.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)
    12/5/2022 1:58am EST

Hey JakeL,

Thank you for reporting this, I have forwarded to the Devs team for further investigation, hang tight!

Best Regards,

1 Like

Thanks!

This is still an issue as of 1.8.0.

This bug has actually been around since Alpha. Super annoying when you’re trying to pan the camera in PvP and instead end up turning around and running the opposite direction because panning stops working.

1 Like

Oh, I know. Trying to get it fixed :slight_smile:

This is still an issue.

this is not an issue

you only have to open your inventory once then free look works absolutely fine

dk if joking or serious

1 Like

that was serious, i mean once you’ve figured it out, it doesn’t really matter, it’s the same as your weapons being invisible on login, you just switch weapons and then they’re there.

so for free look, just open inventory and then it should work until you log off.

i guess, after 15months of playing this mess, such bugs aren’t annoying at all anymore

if that’s a good or a bad thing i haven’t figured out yet.

I’m fully aware of that, but there’s other times when this comes up as well.

Again, I don’t see the problem with reporting it as a bug and attempting to get them to resolve it. It’s quite literally a bug.

1 Like

Bumping. Still an issue.