- What is your character name in New World: JakeL
- What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
- Describe the issue you are experiencing: Right after logging in, Free Look (holding ALT by default) won’t work until you open your inventory. There’s also some other circumstances where free look will stop working until you open your inventory, but I’m unable to replicate those right now.
- Is this a bug? Bug
- (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Makes it harder to utilize free look.
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, opening your inventory fixes the issue, but this shouldn’t be required.
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
(It might be a tad hard to tell what’s happening in the video, but I’m holding ALT (free look) the entire time and it only starts working after I open my inventory.)
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
- Relaunch New World.
- Log into your character. Run and attempt to free look (with the default binding of ALT). Notice your character moves in the direction you are looking.
- Open your inventory and then close it.
- Attempt to run and free look and notice how you can look without influencing your characters movement.
- When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)
12/5/2022 1:58am EST