Freezes and blackscreens - latest patch broke the game!

• What is your character name in New World: Notorious Lucian
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Una Bara
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Every few minutes the game freezes and sometimes I even get a blackscreen.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: It’s a Bug.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t play at all because I only farm repair costs this way. Freeze in an elite zone, log back in and enjoy 100g repair costs. Thanks a lot!
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No I’m not able to recover from that bs.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Not possible!
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No need to do something special it happens al the time. BUT I never had problems until today so your latest patch broke the game for me!
2 Likes

Same for me! Can’t play since the last patch rolled out!.. Really fix this shit!!!

They answered in the German section.

They need your DXDIAG and game logs

Same Problem! 200h without any issues and now since latest patch, unplayable. freezing all the time.

Wait a second actually I can provide a screenshot because this time the game wasn’t simply freezing. This is my gaming PC, there is nothing else but New World and Path of Exile on this PC. So what is that misterious “suspicious software” that you are talking about? I was playing the game until your server down and after that the problems startet so don’t tell me it’s because of my game files or something like suspicious software. I’m so sick and tired of you introducing 2 new bugs for every bug you fix!

Same for me. 5 Minutes playing and the game is freezing

i have the same issue. I wonder how long this is gonna last. Cant play since yesterday

I had maybe 4-5 crashes since launch.
Since today i keep crashing/freezing as OP describe, every 5-10 minutes. There is no special action i perform or any condition i could recognize that is related to this problem.

Link it then to be helpful. “the german section” as if its small.

+1 Same problem. Freezes/crashes every few minutes and if i wait it out, i get the Login blocked message. Problems startet like 1h ago after login today and it sucks.

+1 Same problem. Freezing/ Crashes/ Error messages in lobby and in-game world

Same suspicious software or corrupt install alert for me too since 2 days

For some people the following worked as a workaround until fixed:

• windowed mode
  • deleting easy Anti-Cheat folder and reinstalling (should happen automatically when starting the game, otherwise verify files)
  • using VPN worked

Some theory suggest it might be the internet provider as everyone in a German thread had the same (Vodafone). Might be helpful if you share your provider for investigation

1 Like

any dev able to give an update on this issue? literally went as far as unplugging and replugging my gpu and rams. tried running other games , stuff and its perfectly fine. did full system scan via cmd nth came out. reinstalled da game / validated files thrice to ensure. updated windows and gpu drivers to the latest. i really don’t know what else to do.

i use china mobile so i dont think its service provider issue

I will try this. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.