Game Breaking Inventory / Storage / Refining / Crafting management

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******
@Kay
@Luxendra
@Shadow_Fox
Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World:
    Orion Pendragon

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Ogygia

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    When you take things out of the inventory (storage shed) and put them back in, if the item is a “duplicate” aka you’re trying to increase the stack of something … it doesn’t stack and it now requires two spots in the inventory (storage shed) instead of 1.

Max Storage from Units Counts also doesn’t help, which as a crafter this is a constant juggle anyway … but more so with this duplication.

Windsward Storage:
Windsward_Storage

Mourningdale Storage:
MourningDale_Storage

Storage Duplication:
Storage_Non_Stacking

Inventory Duplication:

Not Pulling Items from Storage to Craft:
No Flux at Station:

Clearly I have Flux in Storage:
Flux_In_Storage

• Is this a bug or an exploit:
    Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Game Breaking - Nigh Unplayabe for a gatherer / crafter.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Issue #1:
    Take things out of the inventory and put them back in.

Issue #2:
Try to craft or refine items where materials are used from storage.

20 Likes

++++ on the game breaking aspect…both of these issues are really bad and not a great testament to the QA aspect of the dev process.

1 Like

Hi Orion_Pendragon, thanks for reporting the issue. It looks like because of the stacking issue, you are now hitting the 500 unique items limit. The team has been notified and we are looking at the issue.

1 Like

@FinF Hitting the 500 limit issue has nothing to do with the stacking problem. I’ve been hitting the 500 limit issue for months in multiple storages, just the number wasn’t displayed until now.

2 Likes

STACKNO

came here to post this, but I see that someone already did a better job than I would of and did it faster. --What are you Asian? KIDDING. sorry ;p i kill me.

yeah soooo hotfix??? do they do those here?

same for me i can only craft things that i have on me not from storage

1 Like

Please read the rest of the post. The HUGE issue with attempting to craft but crafting stations arent detecting whats in your storage is a game breaking issue. Items not stacking is a problem too, but the crafting bug is detrimental.

9 Likes

Hope they fix the pulling from storage soon… I am trying to get my refinement stuff to 200,

2 Likes

This is not a stacking issue problem. Take a look at my screenshot, and you’ll see that it show my storage being full, with absolutely nothing in it.

11 Likes

My guess is that any gear or weapon that you owned prior to the patch was flagged unique so that it did not lose its GS effectiveness. Now that has put many storage over the limit.

1 Like

sorry for clownin
yeah bit of laundry list of storage/inventory stuff

-“Storage is full” displaying full when not (personally I can still use my storage with the msg there)
-Stuff not stacking as intended and in turn counting towards unique item counts
-inability to craft from storage

1 Like

Not a stacking issue but it seems more like a release before ready issue.

4 Likes

I don’t think that is the problem. I pulled out every stack I had that was over 500 from my storage. It still reported as full even though it was 1k less than the max storage it could hold.

1 Like

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. I meant that the issue with the stacking makes it more likely to trigger the 500 unique items limit. We are working on a fix for items not stacking properly and other possible issues. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

Again thats not the main issue. The main issue is that you can not pull items from your storage for crafting or refining. But thank you for working on a fix!

1 Like

Decorating your house does not pull items from storage either. Also the trading post does not accurately display how many items you already have in the “Owned” column as it is not counting any items in storage.

3 Likes

With how much I already juggle to deal with the max unique item limit in my main town storages, I’d have to agree this makes the game unplayable for me. I spend far too much time already juggling things in and out to deal with the unique item cap, now my stacks are being split into multiple unique items taking up multiple slots. It honestly looks like you do zero testing ON ANY SYSTEM COMPARABLE TO ACTUAL LIVE SERVERS , if you did we wouldn’t get a handful of bugs discovered in under 5 minutes in game with a new patch.

3 Likes

No, the players are not making themselves clear. If you can print a known issues list this long right as the servers come back up, you already knew that this January Update should have occurred in February or whenever you could produce a semi-quality product Known Issues - January Monthly Release 2022 - Bug Reports / Bug Reports - New World Forums

6 Likes

up vote

@FinF We have a testing thread going on over here (was 1st thread I found this morning 2 hard to move all these screen shots now :smiley: ) if you’re able to take a look:

For strange things that are occurring with the double stacks on the AH hoping there is some helpful information that can be passed on.

1 Like