I recently transferred over to Eden server and when I arrived for the first day it was great I sat around 230ms which is playable a day later and the server has spiked to 270+ping and has not come down again since I know its not my net that had the issue so what is going on the game is now unplayable at all for me anyone else has a similar experience recently?
I do apologize about the unexpected experience you had within your play-through.
I’m going to send you the most common troubleshooting we have, please follow it word by word in order to ensure to have the best result at end of doing so.
Fix 1: Verify the integrity of game files
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver
Prior to the release date, both NVIDIA and AMD have published the New World compatible GPU driver.
check the following New World Compatible GPU Driver Update - Support
Driver Easy can help download drivers conveniently too or you can try driver updates manually.
How to Download
2 and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support. If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After updating your drivers, restart your PC and test the gameplay in New World.
Fix 3: Make sure your system is up to date, check for windows update
Once you’ve installed all the updates, restart your PC and check if New World crashes again.
Fix 4: Change in-game graphics settings
- Open New World. On the top right corner, click the gear icon to open settings.
- In the left pane, select Visuals. Then set Object details to High or lower.
Now you can play and check if the crash stops.
Fix 5: Increase your virtual memory
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type advanced system settings. Click View advanced system settings.
- Under the Performance section, click Settings….
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the Advanced tab. Under the Virtual memory section, click Change….
- Deselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox. Then select Customize size.
- Enter Initial size and Maximum size according to the physical memory of your computer. Microsoft recommends that virtual memory should be 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory. In my case, the physical memory (actual RAM) of my computer is 8 GB, so the Initial size for me here is 8 x 1024 x 1.5 = 12288 MB, and the Maximum size should be 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB. Once you’ve entered your size of virtual memory, click Set, then click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and check if New World crashes again.
Fix 6: Delete specific game files
You should back up the files before deleting in case things go wrong.
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) to invoke the Run box. Type or paste %appdata% and click OK.
- how to clean uninstall Discord
- Go to AGS > New World and delete the following:
- The savedata folder
- The user_preload_settings file
- Now you can restart New World and see if the game crashes again.
Let me know whether one those steps work or not, hence we can try different routes with the intention to find a solution for your current issue.
I hope this information granted has been provided you gives a great and helpful insight.
If you are facing connectivity issues related, please follow this steps to clean the connection state and try the game again:
1- Open CMD as administrator.
2- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
3- Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
4- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
5- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
6- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
7- Restart your computer.
this is not an issue on my end as I made clear before sending me all this does not fix YOUR issue it is the service itself Eden that has jumped up over 30ms unexplainable and now makes it impossible to play at all 270 ping u may as well give up I can clear my DNS all you like doesn’t help when it is clearly a server-side issue as I said when I arrived it was flat 230ms for couple days then all of a sudden it spikes to 270+ and never comes down again thas def your side
Try using a vpn and connect to a server as close to the NW servers as possible. I had random freezes due to server lag and latency issues. Connecting to a vpn server on the west coast (I’m US West but live several hundred miles inland) has thus far fixed my issues.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.