Done a new install on a new m.2 ssd of windows as i built a new computer over the weekend.
But for some reason new world just keeps crashing to my desktop.
Things I’ve done:
- drivers all up to date.
- windows updates all up to date
- tried verifying files didn’t work
- uninstalled and reinstalled new world (was on my second 2.5 inch ssd with my old windows install, so i reinstalled onto my main C drive to see if that was the problem, but it crashes)
- all other games work fine, no issues, (medieval dynasty, kingdom come deliverance, northgard etc)
- ran the game on med settings 1080p for testing (gtx3060ti, so very high shouldn’t be a problem, tried med to see if it made a difference, still crashed to desktop)
- all temps on components are fine… cpu at like 35 degree gpu floating around 40-50 at 1080p med
Cant see it be anything else other than the game itself. Im in a war tonight so trying to get this solved before then would be ace.
I just got a windows stop code ‘memory management’ or something like that, computer restarted, first time thats happened.
I’m so sorry you’re crashing issues within New World.
For this issue you can follow this troubleshooting related with the AGS Files that are linked within New World:
- Windows + R type in %APPDATA%
- Go to Local and Roaming (Both files will include an AGS file) and open them.
- Rename the AGS sub-folder ‘‘New World’’ to something different like ‘’_New World"
- This will refresh the cache files within New World and remove the error launching the game.
The next troubleshooting we need to verify is third party program EasyAntiCheat that is linked within New World:
- Open New World in your Steam Library.
- Right click on New World’s list title and then Go to Settings < Manage < Browse Local Files.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Run as administrator EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable file.
- Make sure in the drop-down within EasyAntiCheat Service Setup New World is the selected game.
- Press Repair Service.
- After this process verify Steam Integrity Check files:
- Re-launch New World.
Please let us know as soon as possible if after these troubleshooting the problem persist.
Thanks for all your feedback and specially your patience.
Done all the above, gona run around a bit in game see if it crashes.
Thank you for fast reply, will report back in 30 mins or so, or if it crashes again. Was running for 5-10 minuets between each crash.
@Cactacea . just crashed to desktop again
I’m so sorry the problem still persists Bigmaic.
At this point, due to the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t solve the issue, the best way to continue researching into this case will be by contacting:
You can contact them through chat using the previous link and give a summary about what issue are you experiencing (You can also share the link to this forum thread so they can read the previous conversation and the steps you already tried).
If is necessary, the team will escalate the case to the developers team for further investigation, reason why they may need to ask for the logs and dxdiag.
Here you are the steps to get this information just in case you need it:
Press Windows + R, type “dxdiag” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
Click the Display tab and you can see information about your video card under the Device section. Please write down that information.
- To find the logs:
- Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
- Click on dxdiag.exe.
- When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.
Hope this information helps and once more I’m sorry for the inconveniences this may cause. :
This is the error in the crash log, its full of these for every crash to desktop.
4144:28204:20220523,115350.184:ERROR process_memory_win.cc:73] ReadMemory at 0x23991e7a6d0 of 528 bytes failed: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
[2022-05-23T11:53:50] [4144:28204:20220523,115350.185:ERROR process_memory_win.cc:73] ReadMemory at 0x239cce52fa0 of 528 bytes failed: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
[2022-05-23T11:53:50] [4144:28204:20220523,115350.186:ERROR process_memory_win.cc:73] ReadMemory at 0x239e8ad4c60 of 528 bytes failed: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
[2022-05-23T11:53:50] [4144:28204:20220523,115350.186:ERROR process_memory_win.cc:73] ReadMemory at 0x239e8ad95b0 of 528 bytes failed: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
[2022-05-23T11:53:50] [4144:30024:20220523,115350.262:ERROR GameCrashUploader.cpp:54] ProcessAnnotations: 1
[2022-05-23T11:53:50] [4144:30024:20220523,115350.263:ERROR GameCrashUploader.cpp:61] AddAttachments: 1
[2022-05-23T11:53:50] [4144:30024:20220523,115350.263:ERROR GameCrashUploader.cpp:69] UpdateHttpTransport: https://submit.backtrace.io/newworld/9d8808eb599f1143d770e9f1558eb112fcacfc0aa0bfc37791b116be9a9ff623/minidump?guid=3c8291af-36ae-4bc1-8db4-e5a652fafc10
ive search this forum and reddit best i could and no one seems to have found a fix for it, although the posts are over 8 months old.
anyone got any idea?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.