Game crashing within seconds of loading into game

Since launch, I have been able to play for maybe 30 minutes total, got through the tutorial into the main game, and while most of the “play time” of my 11.8+ has been spent in queue, but that’s just as much the population of the server as the fact that ,y game has crashed at least 5 times so far, most of which has occurred at the queue screen or within 5 minutes of loading into the world, one time being just enough time to chop down a young tree and take a step! Please advise of any steps for me to take towards fixing the issue. I have verified the files and tried changing my video settings to see if that is an issue. I have all the latest drivers and have closed out of all background applications in a futile attempt to remedy this issue.

I am having the same issue but my gameplay was just to get to the watchtower in the beginning and now it crashes every time during the load screen [quote=“Jbs_mage, post:1, topic:276688, full:true”]
Since launch, I have been able to play for maybe 30 minutes total, got through the tutorial into the main game, and while most of the “play time” of my 11.8+ has been spent in queue, but that’s just as much the population of the server as the fact that ,y game has crashed at least 5 times so far, most of which has occurred at the queue screen or within 5 minutes of loading into the world, one time being just enough time to chop down a young tree and take a step! Please advise of any steps for me to take towards fixing the issue. I have verified the files and tried changing my video settings to see if that is an issue. I have all the latest drivers and have closed out of all background applications in a futile attempt to remedy this issue.
[/quote]

Are you guys using an AMD CPU ?
I was on another topic where everyone had issues restarts/crashes, common thing between users was the CPU’s brand.

Few of them resolved it by updating to the lastest MotherBoard’s driver.
At least you can try it (didn’t work to me)

nope, intel i9-11900k here, but I will try to check for more updates, my pc is less than a week old…

So I’m still crashing randomly, but i lowered my graphics to low on everything and it seems to at least have helped a little bit, I’m now getting around 30 minutes before crashes are occurring, and the latest one was when I was recalling to the first light inn.

Update:
Just crashed again, seems like when I’m walking into or traveling into town the game crashes for me…

Hi @Jbs_mage

Im sorry for the issue you have, can you please check the following New World Compatible GPU Driver Update and also Game Crash: ‘Fatal Error NewWorld.exe’
If your game suddenly crashes and displays the message ‘Fatal Error NewWorld.exe’, please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Confirm your PC meets the Minimum System Requirements .
    2.Please note that Windows Insider builds are not supported.
  2. Run a Steam Integrity Check.
  3. Make sure your Windows install (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update 171) is fully up to date and no update is pending.
  4. Reboot System.
  5. Uninstall and Reinstall New World.
  6. Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat.

Should these steps not work, please try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ distributable 2017.
This can be found within Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64, select this then choose ‘Modify’ and then select Repair in the pop-up that appears.

If you are missing this file, please download it directly from Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.
*Note: Please ensure that you are downloading the correct version of the files for your system (either x64 or x86), you can confirm which version you will need based on the version of Windows you are running. from Welcome to New World!

Thank you so much for your patience during this launch time.

I was indeed missing that file, why if it is crucial to the game running was it not installed with the game file? or at least mentioned that it is needed? Will update further if CTD’s continue

I don’t know if this may help anyone else in this thread, but I’ve been getting a similar issue where I got random restarts despite the latest drivers, BIOS, good power supply, etc.

I managed to fix it by turning off DOCP in my BIOS settings and setting RAM speed to Auto. Your BIOS might call it something different like EOCP or XMP. Weirdly, this doesn’t happen for any other game; New World seems to be unstable with this setting enabled.

If nothing else in other threads helps, it might be worth a try until they patch this issue.

EDIT: switching that off only seems to delay the error; I was able to play the game for a few hours until the same crash happened.

Update 10/3:
game is still CTD, but seems to be only when I’m walking into or teleporting into a town, as well as there is a graphics glitch where certain textures are loading as RBG web particles instead of the texture or mesh they are supposed to represent, whether item, clothing, weapon, or decoration in town like a wall, wood ship decking, or any other number of surfaces. The other thing I’m noticing is the semi-transparent text block with sometimes be just a solid gray block, fully opaque and the only way to get rid of it is to open a window (inventory, map, skills…) but as soon as the text block is supposed to be visible as the half-screen size it is just a gray block with no writing on it. Any ideas? I have verified files, made sure all updates are present, graphics / windows / drivers/ video card… nothing has been solved, but I have been able to play for a longer period of time per session.

I guess everyone is experiencing a different crash, seeing as the symptoms and solutions are different. can you please check the error log file “CrashUploaderLog.txt” ? it is located in the game folder (right click on game on steam library → Manage → Browse Local Files)

This is the last error occuring in the crash report log:

You’ve ran out of memory pushing back to a vector: process_info->memory_info_.push_back() in process_info.cc:ReadMemoryInfo(), accum RegionSize GB: 2131.73, vector size: 40965, size GB: 0.000976562: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command. (8)

My PC Specs are:
CPU: Intel i9-11900k 3.5 GHz
Ram: 2x 16GB PNY 3200 MHz DDR4 ram cards(2 more on the way to have 64GB available)
Motherboard: ROG Strix Z590-e
GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1080Ti

Do you happen to have HWInfo64 installed? can you check if either the GPU Memory Usage or Physical Memory Load ever reached close to 100% ?

I installed that tool, never had cpu, gpu or memory reach 100% Only playing on very low graphics settings where in alpha/beta I could play at very high with no issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.