Game CTD after last patch

I have been playing the game on and off since launch, and never had any CTD issues. Until last patch that fixed musket shooter’s stance. Now I get CTD’s when I try to teleport, or when I talk to a faction NPC. I’ve reloaded my PC, verified integrity of the game files through steam, updated my drivers. Not sure what to do.

I’ve now reloaded the game multiple times and tested what makes me crash for sure. It is the faction vendors. I’m SYN and everything works fine until I talk to the faction guy in any town. Instantly nukes the game.

Hello @Dein,

Welcome to the forums. :bouquet:

Hope you are doing well.

I apologize for the trouble caused to you, for which you can follow this troubleshooting related with the AGS Files that are linked within New World:

1. Windows + R type in %APPDATA%
  2. Go to Local and Roaming (Both files will include an AGS file) and open them.
  3. Rename the AGS sub-folder ‘‘New World’’ to something different like ‘’_New World"
  4. This will refresh the cache files within New World.

If this troubleshooting doesn’t work you can also follow the troubleshooting for frame rate and performance issues using this link:

Also you may refer:

Hope this helps. :magic_wand:

Nope that didn’t seem to work either. I tried a lot of those solutions in the links and nothing has worked. I can’t even get past the character load in now. Game is completely unplayble for me.

Hello @Dein,

Thank you for your reply.

Since you already have tried the possible troubleshooting and it did not help, so I request you to please contact us via our live support channel so we can investigate your issue:

Be sure to have your game logs ready just in case they ask for them.

If asked kindly provide the latest 3 logs from: Users\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups

Along with DxDiag report https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

I hope this helps.

See you very soon in Aeternum :mage:t2: :magic_wand:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.