Game Freeze ..... Again

I had already reached out to Support and they requested my Steam ID along with logs and other information. Before I downloaded all this information and provide Steam IDs and the like, I decided to try one more thing on my own to rectify the issue. While my system is not “state of the art” (Intel i7-11700k, Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB RAM), it has more than enough capability to run everything else on my computer (including any other game in my Steam library) without issue. It would seem that if the graphics freeze intermittently, can only be closed by Alt+F4 or windows task bar but both my computer and Steam still show the game running after closing the game screen; there may be a graphics issue. I had previously ensured that I had the most recent Nvidia “game ready” drivers (516.59 released 6/28/22) and that the drivers were installed properly. In doing further checking on Nvidia’s web site, there was a newer driver release on 7/26/22 but it was a studio driver (516.93).

Figuring I had nothing to lose, I downloaded the newer driver to see if it would provide relief. I have been using the updated driver since Friday afternoon and have played New World several times without incident. I have participated in zergs on all three of my level 60 characters including one residing on a US West server while I live less than 1 mile from the Atlantic Ocean on the East Coast. It would appear that your Medleyfaire release caused a conflict in the “game ready” driver that does not occur in the “studio” driver (in my amateur opinion). If this issue does reveal itself again, I will reach out once again.

2 Likes

Also an Nvidea user, I’m trying the Studio version out right now and I’ve noticed a few visual things from the patch cleared up immediately. Buff visuals have a much better look now and are on time for once. I’ll try this out if it doesn’t freeze I’ll be so happy!

Update: Tried the Nvidia Studio drivers instead of the Game Ready drivers to see if it fixed the freeze.

It didn’t work :frowning_face: I’m frozen in OPR right now. It’s not the graphics card drivers.

Hello Aeternum Dwellers and thank you @Susan_Ivanova for sharing the workaround you found,

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues along these lines. Please note that, if the troubleshooting provided earlier in this thread did not alleviate this for you, the next step is to create a support ticket via the link on my first post as, unfortunately, we have no more troubleshooting we can conduct from this channel.

With that in mind and given how several of you are pointing out what is an unexpected behavior that apparently began after the last update, this thread would be better addressed in the Bug Reports section

I have moved the thread. Hope this helps and see you in Aeternum! :wolf:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.