Game freezes and RAM usage spikes when I level up fishing

• What is your character name in New World: Namanari
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: SA East \ Lanka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: While fishing, whenever I level up my fishing skill, the game freezes for a few seconds and I can see the RAM utilization spikes and GPU utilization flooring.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: game freezes and is quite laggy throughout the rest of the gameplay.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes, restarting the game made the RAM and GPU util back to normal values. However, if I fish and level again, the same bug is reproduced (edit: on my third restart, it did not reproduce. Maybe it will only happen sometimes, I cant figure a pattern but I’ll keep my eye out).
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: New World Fishing Leveling Bug - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: fish until the fishing skill goes levels up and the game should freeze for a few second. This happened in every fishing spot I went, this is not a particular spot issue.

Observation: In the video, my RAM util is already in ’ 22gb, but because the bug happened a few times already. The game usually runs in my setup with around 12gb.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.