Game freezes at "New World" splashscreen

Hello,

I experience problems when starting the game client. The client gets stuck at the “New World” splash screen. I’m playing via Steam.

Researching this issue on the internet, I found a few instructions that I performed …

1. Performed a windows update
  2. Performed a graphics drivers update
  3. Repaired Easy Anti Cheat via setup file that’s located in the game folder
  4. Reinstalled Easy Anti Cheat via setup file that’s located in the game folder
  5. Uninstalled the game, rebooted, redownloaded and freshly installed New World client

Unfortunately, these actions did not solve the problem. The client still gets stuck at the “New World” splash screen.

Looking for assistance :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Sethor

Hello @Sethor!

I’m sorry that New World is getting stuck and not letting you play.

First, make sure you performed a Steam File check;

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam
  2. From New World’s library page, select Manage > Properties.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files… button.
  4. Steam will verify the game’s files - this process may take several minutes.

Then, please try this troubleshoot:

1- Win key + R
2- Type %appdata%
3- Go to AppData > Roaming > AGS > New World
4- Delete the Savedata folder and the user_preload_settings.cfg file.
5- Reboot the PC and you’ll see that the files deleted would be recreated.

This should fix the issue. However if the problem persists don’t hesitate to contact back to find a fix for your particular issue.

Have a great day :crossed_swords: :shield:!

Worked. Thank you very much! Have a nice day/evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

i just changed paging file size and deleted afore mentioned file and folder…will follow up after restart and see what happens.

after changes
were made…gets to the spinning compass screen and white screens and then crashes my PC. has been doing this for about 3 weeks now…when i started playing it never crashed and ran smooth at 60 fps. idk what you guys changed or implemented in a patch a while back but it has had tremendous affect on player crashing… my game IF i can get logged in works flawlessly and has no glitching or other issue…just works when it wants to which is sad…i am 141 hours in and have truly enjoyed every bit of gameplay. just frustrating after coming home from a long day at work and wanting to jump in and have fun with my company and friends and just crash consistently. sometimes verifying files works…most of the time not.

I have the same issue, but deleting those files and rebooting does nothing. Why has this suddenly started happening out of nowhere?

Hello travelers!

Thank you for your patience with this.

@sjthomley I wanted to check if you’re still facing this issue or if it has been solved?

@Mottzz welcome to the forums. Could you let me know if you still have this issue? or has the Steam File check solved your issue?

I’m looking forward to your answer. Please feel free to tag me if needed.

Best regards! :mage: :snowflake:

@Bmango I’ve noticed this splashscreen freeze is correlated with the application known as medal (https://medal.tv/) for me personally. If I close medal, I don’t get this freeze. The game will sit at the splashscreen for almost 15 minutes and then suddenly work. Medal is a pretty popular recording application.

Hi @Devolutions .

Thank you for letting us know that. I will send that as feedback. It might help with this.

Safe travels! :mage: :snowflake:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.