Game has suddenly become unplayable

Up until yesterday evening my game was always running completely fine. Some minor stuttering every now and then. But besides that: constant 60fps on very high settings.

Yesterday when I went to play a bit I was stuck at 8fps. The problem has percisted since then.

When I look in task manager this is what I see:

My HDD is completely maxed out. If I am not moving, everything is fine. 60fps just as before. As soon as I start to walk arouind: 8fps.

I can definitley rule out any hardware issues: as I said, the game was running just fine before yesterday evening.

Help would be greatly appreciated since the game has become unplayable as of rn.

Hello there traveler @kaiak0 !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and so sorry this is happening to you. Before we create a ticket we have some troubleshooting steps that might help. If the problem persists after the troubleshooting you can send a private message to me so I can create a ticket.

Here is the link:

Hope this helps!

See you in Aeternum!

So I’ve tried everything in the guide. Ran a maleware scan, made sure nothing is downloading in the background, I even proceded to uninstall and reinstall the game from scratch (also updated gpu drivers, etc.). The problem is still percisting.

Another information that may be helpfull that I forgot about when writing the initial post: when all of this started two days ago, I noticed that all my settings had been reset. I am not sure why as I don’t know if an update was issued that day. But maybe that piece of information is good to know none the less.

And just to emphasize this again: the game was running just fine before that evening.

Changing graphics settings to low didn’t help anything. Same framerate as on (very) high.

Hope you can help.
Greetings.

I am sorry that you still experiencing the inconvenience after trying the troubleshooting steps.

The best way to help you would be contacting support through chat here: New World - Support | Amazon Games

That way we can receive the pertinent information to help you with this.

Be sure to have your game logs ready in case they ask for them:

• Provide 3 logs from: Users\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups
  • DxDiag report: Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag. Click on dxdiag.exe. When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

Have a wonderful rest of your day! Stay safe and healthy!
:woman_mage: :snowflake:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.