We were aware about the game were crashing and we are working on it.
On the meantime can you please check these solutions?
Maybe one of them could help!
You can check on the New World Web site too for extra info and game requirements.
Fix 1: Verify the integrity of game files.
- Open your Steam client and go to LIBRARY. Right click New World and select Properties.
- In the left pane, select LOCAL FILES. Then click Verify integrity of game files.
- Allow the checking to complete. Then you can start New World and see if it crashes again.
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver
Prior to the release date, both NVIDIA and AMD have published the New World compatible GPU driver.
You can update your graphics driver manually, by visiting the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA/AMD), finding the latest correct installer and installing step-by-step. But if you don’t have the time or patience to install manually, you can do that automatically with Driver Easy.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support. If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After updating your drivers, restart your PC and test the gameplay in New World.
Fix 3: Make sure your system is up to date
- On your keyboard, press Win (the Windows logo key). At the bottom left corner of your screen, click the gear icon to open Settings.
- Scroll down and select Update & Security.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates. Then wait for the process to complete. After that, restart your PC.
To make sure you’ve installed all the system updates, repeat these steps until it prompts “You’re up to date” when you click Check for updates again.
Once you’ve installed all the updates, restart your PC and check if New World crashes again.
Fix 4: Change in-game graphics settings
- Open New World. On the top right corner, click the gear icon to open settings.
- In the left pane, select Visuals. Then set Object details to High or lower.
Now you can play and check if the crash stops.
Fix 5: Increase your virtual memory
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type advanced system settings. Click View advanced system settings.
- Under the Performance section, click Settings….
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the Advanced tab. Under the Virtual memory section, click Change….
- Deselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox. Then select Customize size.
- Enter Initial size and Maximum size according to the physical memory of your computer. Microsoft recommends that virtual memory should be 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory. In my case, the physical memory (actual RAM) of my computer is 8 GB, so the Initial size for me here is 8 x 1024 x 1.5 = 12288 MB, and the Maximum size should be 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB. Once you’ve entered your size of virtual memory, click Set, then click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and check if New World crashes again.
Fix 6: Delete specific game files
You should back up the files before deleting in case things go wrong.
On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) to invoke the Run box. Type or paste %appdata% and click OK.
Go to AGS > New World and delete the following:
The savedata folder
The user_preload_settings file
Now you can restart New World and see if the game crashes again.
Please let us know if any of these info helps!.