Game keeps running on steam after it's closed and can't be exited

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Kaerigan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Not in game
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I bought the game through steam. The game keeps running after it’s closed, and doesn’t display in processes. The only way to close the game is to restart the computer. I’ve now logged over 5 hours on the game even though I’ve only actually spent 15 minutes making a character because I didn’t notice it “kept running” and if I wanted to return it, I would now be ineligible through steam because I’ve “played” for over 2 hours.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t return game now.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No recovery recourse
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Restart PC, run game, exit game.
4 Likes

Still an issue in October.
I can’t even close the game through Steam when I press the stop button… it won’t stop. I can close Steam through the task manager and it will reset the game finally and allow me to reload.
This feels like new world is running as a TSR now - which would explain why I can’t watch youtube at the same time anymore after a recent update.

This is still occurring, is there a fix for this? Happens all the time since 1.0.5

This is still occurring, just started for me with this new patch.

This bug is occurring with the 1.1.1 release even before the servers come back online. I cannot find a process to kill in the task manager to turn it off. The only way to end the New World process is to terminate steam and force it to close New World.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.