Game stuttering - Almost unplayable

Updating. After today`s maintenance (31/07) freezes are still there. It looks like this won’t be fixed and I’ll have to say goodbye to this game. There are not many people with a similar problem, it seems to me that it is ignored.

I am very upset :pensive:

5 Likes

Same problem here. I do not have best pc, but so far it was perfect for this game, I had almost no lags, no decync, no problems in war, opr or arena. I jsut did not play on highest values, never, and that was fine for me.

But now, I can’t play at all. Freezes all the time, specially when there is somebody on my screen. I can’t even fight with 3 people at the same time any more, I won’t even say about bigger numbers, cause it’s just one big freeze for me then, and from 100% HP to 0% in second, and I don’t even see the attack coming.

A game is unplayable for me right now, and worst part is that I can not even go lower with my settings :smiley: this is the lowest values I can get and still freezing

4 Likes

It’s not even in the “known issues” list…

2 Likes

I dont think their servers can handle the max load they are capped at. It was like half the current cap in beta and it was tons better. My server was at like 800 people for a while and it was fine. Tons of people transferred in before the merge and it just kept getting worse. I just dont think it can handle this many people.

5 Likes

They are big company, they should just get better servers if problems like that.
At this point, the game is almost unplayable for me, a lot of freezes during fights… ;/

2 Likes

Not even sure its the servers. The things I hear about lumberyard and their hacked together backend for it, its probably more the engine than the servers themselves. AWS servers are some of the best in the world.

6 Likes

Personally, I just think it’s the game core, its foundations and how it was built, and as you said, the engine itself; all of that, plus an undeniable lack of experience on their part.

6 Likes

Are u have this problem too?

2 Likes

even during pve chest runs i got freezes in every minute or two

3 Likes

I have tried every possible way to solve this problem. my friend plays on a laptop, on a system that is many times worse than mine and he does not have the same problems as me…

If you manage to find a solution to the problem, please let us know :worried:

4 Likes

I get that too, not as bad though but still annoying and game breaking…

2 Likes

I’ve noticed these stutters as well where it feels like my hardware is taking a breather but it is nowhere as severe as the video clips posted above and it is no where as frequent as described in this thread.

In fact I’ve run 5 OPR’s today and I don’t recall experiencing the stutters at all. I also don’t recall experiencing these stutters in town either since the new patch.
I play on El Dorado which is a low-med server.

My Hardware specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz (XMP ON)
GPU: GTX970
SSD: Samsung 960 NVME

I have my GPU throttled down with MSI Afterburner because I don’t like all the heat it pumps into my room. I play at 1080p with all settings set to low with V-Sync on. All Nvidia drivers are up to date.

2 Likes

Same problem after this patch, i was do everything what i was see from net but this is not resolved the problem.

Vexerya +1
If you manage to find a solution to the problem, please let us know :worried:

3 Likes

Having the same issues in the following zones:

Citys: heavy lags, stuttering
Open world: sometime, if lot of ppl there, like medleyfair area
Dungeons: no problem

Summary the server performance is really bad since the patch, if there are more ppl… bad for a mmo… should be fixed asap!

My computers running with 50% gpu and cpu power on highest graphics, thats not the issue, if i turn graphics to middle, same issues - graphic settings have nlthing to do with it

3 Likes

Most of the time its cpu issue based on my observation. There is so much data computed by cpu + handlign network communication that lot of like 3-4 yo cpu cant handle it. I had to buy ryzen 5800x to make game not suffer any longer (ryze 2700x) before.

2 Likes

After the patch there are big issues with fps instability, variable ping, increased cpu load. Playing OPR is really bad, to cite an example.
The game needs an important optimization, urgent

4 Likes

For me the game is completely unplayable.
Although before the update everything was perfect.
I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to play again. I have already contacted live support twice, but they did not recommend anything other than reinstalling licensed Windows.
They are sure that the problem is in my Windows or Antivirus. But they haven’t decided what exactly yet. If it’s easier, you just need to reassemble the computer.

3 Likes

Please tell me it’s a joke…did they really suggest that??
If the game runs “fine” one day and then after 1 patch it runs like shit then THE GAME is the issue.

Yep lol I would also get a new provider…and what about moving to a new home aswell XD

2 Likes

I can see why this would be upsetting to deal with, I will make sure the Dev team is made aware. Take care!

7 Likes

Unfortunately this is not a joke. I didn’t think to take a screenshot of the conversation. However, Im sure that the live service just has a list of recommendations that fits all type of game errors.

2 Likes